No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Would Not Rule Out Facing Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
    Sergio Martinez will easily outbox Cotto to a decision if his knee problem is fixed. Too big, too good for this version of Miguel Cotto. Still it would be a big fight and possibly is the biggest money fight out there for Cotto at this point.
    Sergio will knock him out.

Comment

Catchweight? Isn't there talk of Miguel moving up to 160 anyway? Why fight at a catch weight if you're gonna fight at 160 either before or after that anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
        Sergio Martinez will easily outbox Cotto to a decision if his knee problem is fixed. Too big, too good for this version of Miguel Cotto. Still it would be a big fight and possibly is the biggest money fight out there for Cotto at this point.
        Agreed. Cotto is not going to beat Martínez at 157, even if Martínez is not the same after his surgery I have him clearly beating Cotto and stopping him.

But this could be a big fight for both fighers, Martínez could beat a well known boxer while Cotto could earn a final big payday before retiring.

Comment

Cotto likely to lose however if he fights the right fight he could sneak out with a SD

Comment

Originally posted by black_celph View Post
            Cotto likely to lose however if he fights the right fight he could sneak out with a SD
            Pay the man, Shirley!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I would prefer this over Chavez-Martinez 2, but I'm still not particularly interested in it. Wished this happened in 2011 when Cotto fought Mayorga and Martinez fought Dzinziruk.
              this exactly. it's a little too late for this matchup, but hey, if the only real option dibella is putting in front of martinez is a chavez rematch, take this instead. cotto should still be a big draw and it is a good name to have on one's record (especially if it's a W). we all know dibella doesn't want to do a golovkin fight this year, so i say go for it if chavez 2 is the only thing martinez is realistically presented after murray. it gives both men a nice payday.

Comment

No Cotto. Dont Do it!

Comment

Martinez is a bad fight for Cotto, but I respect the fact that he doesn't duck people by saying they gotta beat so and so, or make so and so much money, or whatever before he considers fighting anyone.

Comment

Martinez would do a hell of a lot more than just 'outbox' Cotto.And by the way, why would Cotto need a catchweight? Wasn't one of the reasons he turned down a Pacquiao rematch related to him not feeling that a catchweight was fair?

Comment

Cotto is crazy. Sergio'll KHTFO. I'm a big Cotto fan, but I see Martinez figuring out how to catch Miguel w/an uppercut just like he figured out how to catch P-Dub and just like P-Dub it'll be nighty-night.

Cotto has big nuts though. Maybe he wants to go out on his shield?

It would likely be big money...

Meh, he's the pro and I'm a fan. Maybe he sees something I'm missing that makes him optimistic.

WAR COTTO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X