No announcement yet.

I HATE South Florida winters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Let's just hope it doesn't get below 60 if they do it outside, no one in South Florida will show up.

All jokes aside, it's fukn hilarious when it gets even mild down here. It'll be 60 and everyone busts out their blizzard clothes. Dudes bust out the hoodies, bombers, scullys, and down jackets, or cardigans over shirts with a jacket over that. Women break out the tights, 4 layers with scarves, boots and shi t.
    In Philadelphia we have too many dudes with high fat and high sodium diets. This results in these bloated slobs being forced to wear shorts in January when it's 30 degrees outside.

Comment

It's crazy how different it is. I live in VT and when it's 70 degrees, I'm still wearing shorts, a tee shirt and sandals. 27 degrees here right now and I just wore a hoodie to work.

I don't know how you guys can stand the crazy heat. For me, 75 degrees is perfect summer weather. When it gets up in the high 80's I'm a miserable bastard.

Comment

LOL ok....................

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          LOL ok....................
          Lmao! It wouldnt let me put the one up i wanted. You and all that seriousness!!!

Comment

Lmao! It wouldnt let me put the one up i wanted. You and all that seriousness!!!
            Who said I'm serious?? It was our 27th typhoon. LOL

Comment

when the high temps are over 90 for three consecutive days we call it a "heat wave."

no joke. i didn't understand that it was a regional distinction until embarrassingly late in life.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                It's crazy how different it is. I live in VT and when it's 70 degrees, I'm still wearing shorts, a tee shirt and sandals. 27 degrees here right now and I just wore a hoodie to work.

I don't know how you guys can stand the crazy heat. For me, 75 degrees is perfect summer weather. When it gets up in the high 80's I'm a miserable bastard.
                I'm the same way, that's why I'd never live there. I like Michigan winters but as of late they suck because it only gets snowy or really cold in January and Feb. When I was a kid we would have a foot of snow on the ground in November. Now we're lucky to get a foot of snow the whole winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

it was about 30 when i warmed my car up for work.

wildcat and attitash are blowing snow at night.

wildcat has a whopping two trails open,

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    I'm the same way, that's why I'd never live there. I like Michigan winters but as of late they suck because it only gets snowy or really cold in January and Feb. When I was a kid we would have a foot of snow on the ground in November. Now we're lucky to get a foot of snow the whole winter.

i remember 95 / 96 like it was yesterday, and we had storms every tuesday for almost a month. odd as hell. eventually the snow piled so high you'd have trouble seeing the houses.

most of our big storms include at least some rain. as close to NH as i am, i'm almost always above freezing.

luckily the mountains still get bombed with snow every couple of years. last year sucked, but the year prior had some great powder.

Comment

stay strong, florida homies. mother nature is treacherous.

Comment

Working...
                      X