No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Orlando Salido, Mikey Garcia Face To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
    This will be a great night of boxing. I got Salido in this one. If Mikey can take Salido's punches he has great chance of winning the fight. I really think Mikey has all the physical attributes to beat Salido but we haven't seen what he's made of mentally. One thing that is for sure is that Salido is a very determined fighter and comes to fight. I hope this is a classic in the making.
    exactly,thats what im wondering about how he will react when salido just keeps coming at him for the whole fight,salido can take a punch,what I don't like about Garcia is that he sometimes doesn't throw enough punches

Comment

I don't think there is nothing about Garcia that salido hasn't seen before,he's been in with big punchers like gamboa,lopez,guerrero when guerrero was at featherweight,marquez,dont know if you guys remember topo gerena he was a strong guy,not great but had good power,...salido has also been in with fast fighters like gamboa and lopez,skilled fighters like marquez,he's seen it all,which also means that if mikey wins that would be a great win for him,beating a guy like salido which he has never faced such an experienced fighter before,not bad for a young guy,but i'm kind of leaning towards salido

Comment

Glad this one's happening so soon. I've been looking forward to it, and I wanna see it go down before Salido starts slipping.

I've got "Siri" in this. There were a couple of guys that wanted to take me up on a bet, I think "PACnPBFsuck" was one of 'em. Hit me up!

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
          This will be a great night of boxing. I got Salido in this one. If Mikey can take Salido's punches he has great chance of winning the fight. I really think Mikey has all the physical attributes to beat Salido but we haven't seen what he's made of mentally. One thing that is for sure is that Salido is a very determined fighter and comes to fight. I hope this is a classic in the making.
          Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          exactly,thats what im wondering about how he will react when salido just keeps coming at him for the whole fight,salido can take a punch,what I don't like about Garcia is that he sometimes doesn't throw enough punches
          I've been saying this all along. I think Salido has a telling edge in mental toughness. That's not to say that Mikey isn't mentally tough, we just haven't seen it. And even if Garcia has it in him, I don't think it's something he'll find in their first encounter. "Siri" has been there before, a tried-and-true warrior. This will be a battle of "skill versus will". You know where I stand.

Comment

in this fight were going to see how Garcia fights going back or just being pressured for the whole fight,salido has been in there with tough fighters,guys who hit hard so this won't be a first,but garica has never faced somenone who will be on top of him for every minute of every round
            He aint going backwards. Mikey's gonna stay inside and grind Salido. If he gives ground he gets knocked out. Im betting with the youngster. Id rather see Salido win.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Glad this one's happening so soon. I've been looking forward to it, and I wanna see it go down before Salido starts slipping.

I've got "Siri" in this. There were a couple of guys that wanted to take me up on a bet, I think "PACnPBFsuck" was one of 'em. Hit me up!
              It's your call, here's my thread where I'm going to keep track of all my bets.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=566475

Comment

Shiet, I'm torn; I been a Salido fan for a long time, but I'm a fan of the up coming Garcia.

I just hope the fight turns out to be a FOTYC, and let the best man win!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If Mikey beats Salido which i think he will too i want to see him Fight Gamboa if not, meh he wasn't all that after all.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    If Mikey beats Salido which i think he will too i want to see him Fight Gamboa if not, meh he wasn't all that after all.
                    these guys are featherweights,gamboa is now a lightweight I think,besides this will be garcias first fight as a champ,i think he should stick around and defend a couple of times before moving up

Comment

these guys are featherweights,gamboa is now a lightweight I think,besides this will be garcias first fight as a champ,i think he should stick around and defend a couple of times before moving up

Salido is the champ also and fought last at 130 which is where Gamboa is at right now and could make 126 easily i think, or the other way around either of them come up but to be honest Gamboa already spanked Salido id like to see Garcia v Gamboa IF he wins of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X