Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Lemieux destroying Alvaro Gaona (KO of the year nominee)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
    You can tell after a few moments after the KO, Lemieux starts feeling sorry for the guy.

I used to do Taekwondo for 12 years. When I went to the state championships I went up against this kid that was nowhere near my level. I knew this but I kept pressing him. Kicking him with hard shots and not stopping.

I could've just coasted to a win, fights were only 3 rounds but instead I kept pressing. I then started kicking him in the head. It was too easy, bam, bam, bam. Towards the end of the first round, I threw a spinning back-kick right at his sternum, the kid went down.

He couldn't breathe and was on the ground for a good 10 minutes. I was excited but it quickly wore off. I felt terrible. Later that day, I saw the kid eating snacks. He offered to give me some granola bars, he was really nice. It was probably the worst thing i've done. Now I have to live with it.
    No mercy in fighting bro. You did the right thing.

Comment

You can tell after a few moments after the KO, Lemieux starts feeling sorry for the guy.

I used to do Taekwondo for 12 years. When I went to the state championships I went up against this kid that was nowhere near my level. I knew this but I kept pressing him. Kicking him with hard shots and not stopping.

I could've just coasted to a win, fights were only 3 rounds but instead I kept pressing. I then started kicking him in the head. It was too easy, bam, bam, bam. Towards the end of the first round, I threw a spinning back-kick right at his sternum, the kid went down.

He couldn't breathe and was on the ground for a good 10 minutes. I was excited but it quickly wore off. I felt terrible. Later that day, I saw the kid eating snacks. He offered to give me some granola bars, he was really nice. It was probably the worst thing i've done. Now I have to live with it.
      Sweep the leg.........you got a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Sweep the leg.........you got a problem with that?
        I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but we don't do sweeps in Taekwondo, that's illegal.

Comment

If David has anything, it is power. These type of fights will not help him though. He will fall in love with his power again.

They need to teach him patience and how to setup his punch delivery. He is always just winging shots while running in. They should try to make him adjust into an inside fighter instead of an ambush fighter. Right now the lesser guys get caught and fall as they do not have the ring intelligence to avoid them. The higher level opponents he faced simply weathered his early storm and waited for his confidence to diminish, then had their way. He is way too impatient and seems to be on the exact same course he was on the first time around. Someone needs to pound in his head that a fight is 10-12 rounds

On a side note though. He is exciting and if his new trainer can pound some patience and work ethic into him, he could win a big fight and put himself in the picture down the road.

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but we don't do sweeps in Taekwondo, that's illegal.
            Karate kid fool

Comment

Comment

That was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  He could. Miranda got it for KO'ing David Banks. Allan Green got it for Condrington.
                  That's because Green punched Codrington into another dimension. Dude's whole family jumped into the ring

Anyway, good but meaningless KO. Lemieuxs punches were tight but still pretty inaccurate. I like him, but he'll get sent back again once he steps up.

Actually, I'd love to see him fight Kirkland, Andy Lee or Chavez Jr

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    lol, KO artist till he steps up again.
                    Seriously though, he's young... so we'll see where he goes, still has time
                    the alcine loss is quite alarming at this stage, considering that alcine went on to get stopped in one by macklin, and was coming off of a draw with a journeyman in and eight rounder, and a stoppage loss to angulo. the angulo stoppage was also in the first

that said, lemieux is an explosive puncher. if he puts his hands on you early in the fight he can turn the lights off.

Comment

That was brutal......

Comment

Working...
                      X