No announcement yet.

HW Prospect Artur Szpilka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HW Prospect Artur Szpilka

I just watched HW prospect Szpilka's demolition of Gonzalo Omar Basile and am impressed with this kid (he's only 23). Szpilka fights out of Poland and went pro in 2008. After a 18 month prison stint (brawling with soccer hooligans) he's amassed a respectable 11-0, 9 kos pro record.

As for his fighting style, best way I can describe him as: he's a cagey southpaw who picks his shots well, employs good movement, has good power and has that 'killer instinct.' He stands at 6'4'' (although he looks shorter) and usually weighs in the low 200's.

Here's some of his fights:

Last edited by BostonGuy; 06-04-2012, 02:42 PM.

He's too short.

Comment

hmm never heard of him. looks pretty damn good though. hope to see him...

Comment

Is he really 6'4? Should have been DQed in that first vid.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
          He's too short.
          I thought that too, he looks undersized as heavyweight. Maybe he'd be better suited as a cruiserweight. However, Mike Tyson was short at 5'11 but he managed..

Comment

I just realised he looks like Jonjo Shelvey.

Comment

already has a better resume than deontey wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                He was fighting as an amateur for some time, I think he was even national champion.
                Szpilka could've been really good cruiserweight, but now he's only short overweight dude who leaves himself open while attacking and base everything on his power that will not be game-changing at world class level. I don't see the future for him.
                Updated my opening post - thanks for the correction.

As to your assessment, I think it's overly critical. I'm not claiming that the guy is the next Corrie Sanders but he does show potential and he's far from being "overweight" as you stated. Also, let's face it; there aren't too many "world class level" heavyweights out there right now. The Klitschko Bros are world class but the rest of the division is a level below. Spzilka may be able to beat some of the guys in that level...

Comment

Artur Szpilka.....

Anyone here a fan of this guy? Polish heavyweight prospect. Seems exciting to me, one of my favorite up and comers alongside Omar Figueroa ...so whatcha know about him? I'm sure this thread will flop by the way.....

Comment

You guys suck ..........

Comment

Working...
                    X