Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more Mayweather needs to do to be serious candidate for GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I'd like Floyd to settle in a weight class, unify and defend the undisputed championship a couple of times. Especially if he unfies 147 versus Pacquiao, that would be a very nice end of career run without having to over-extend himself against bigger opponents like Martinez.

i think floyd would whip martinez ass

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i think floyd would whip martinez ass
      I do agree however I feel just defending the belt at 147 presents much easier bouts for him. If he does unify and defend the unified belt a few times that might just be as impressive as beating Martinez.

Comment

Damn near impossible.

If he beats Pacquaio x2, Martinez, then moved up to 168 (Never going to happen, he's not even a big WW) and beat Ward. And even then I wouldn't have him #1.

I may have him Top 10 though. If he were to do that.

Comment

Floyd needs to quit the BS and fig PAC. ALL the greats fought all the top fighters of their time. Tyson is greater than floyd. p4p, Tyson was maby as fast as Floyd back in the day. Tyson was actully scary fast for someone who weighed 215. speed kills, that's one the floyds greatest assets. But floyd needs the pac fight, I think floyd wins it to.

Comment

Ridiculous thread.

There isn't anything he can do. I doubt he'll seriously consider risking his 0 at this point of his career, which is what he'd need to do. ironDanHamza spelled out why.

Comment

Imagine if we scrutinised the fighters of the past the way floyd is,I can guarantee him being a POSSIBLE goat wont seem so far fetched!!!

Modern fighters are always disregarded by old school romantics who only remember the highlights...and for the record just cause you fought more often dose'nt mean your a better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                Tyson is greater than floyd. .

Really? Why?

Comment

thread is starting to look like NSB-esque...

ray leonard has beaten significantly better fighters (prime and near prime) and he aint even top 10 material (IBRO, RING)

with that said, its not all PBF's fault... the talent pool isnt great enough to propel him into GOAT territory if and when he is able to beat 'em...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    thread is starting to look like NSB-esque...

ray leonard has beaten significantly better fighters (prime and near prime) and he aint even top 10 material (IBRO, RING)

with that said, its not all PBF's fault... the talent pool isnt great enough to propel him into GOAT territory if and when he is able to beat 'em...
                    Ray has losses, less longevity, and started at 147 too. And we're talking a hypothetical PBF who has faced and beaten some more top fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                      Ray has losses, less longevity, and started at 147 too. And we're talking a hypothetical PBF who has faced and beaten some more top fighters.
                      longevity i give to PBF... and losing happens when you fight a fighter of duran's caliber...

and if i may humbly ask, do u consider PBF a greater fighter than ray? (PBF beating more top fighters)

Comment

Working...
                      X