Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love how everybody says "Tommy Hearns would beat this guy and that guy blablabla"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how everybody says "Tommy Hearns would beat this guy and that guy blablabla"

I just read again how a guy said "the only guy I can see give Roy Jones trouble is Tommy Hearns". I see it all the time here: nobody could beat Mayweather, but Tommy Hearns maybe.
    Or: Hearns would kill Pacquiao. Hearns would beat this guy, and that guy and blablablabala.
    listen guys: Hearns was a good fighter. but. he lost all his big fights. against Hagler and against Ray Leonard. and Iran Barkley iced him twice. So pleeaaassseee stop overrating Hearns. thank you.
    Do I think he can give a lot of guys big troubles? Yes. Do I think he would beat everybody from other eras? hell no. He lost the big fights in his own era. Knocking out a Duran who moved up in weight doesn't do it for me. Hearns is wayyyy overrated here on this site.

Ok, so my post bothered you so much that you had to make a thread about it? Okay, I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt by posting an honest opinion but I see I wasted my time. Good luck with this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
      Ok, so my post bothered you so much that you had to make a thread about it? Okay, I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt by posting an honest opinion but I see I wasted my time. Good luck with this thread.
      no, it didnt bother me. but it triggered something. Cause I been reading the same stuff here for a long long time. Hearns would be the one to beat Pacquiao. Or "Hearns would beat Mayweather." Or "Hearns would beat SRR"
      Or Hearns would beat everybody.
      So many people don't even understand that Hearns lost almost all his big fights in his own era. And now suddenly Hearns would beat everybody from OTHER ERAS? this is crazy. If the opponents of his own era could overcome Hearns' skills and everything he brought to the table, then what makes you think people from other eras couldn't do that?

Comment

One thing forsure....health would come first for Floyd if being pitted against Hearns .

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
          no, it didnt bother me. but it triggered something. Cause I been reading the same stuff here for a long long time. Hearns would be the one to beat Pacquiao. Or "Hearns would beat Mayweather." Or "Hearns would beat SRR"
          So many people don't even understand that Hearns lost almost all his big fights in his own era. And now suddenly Hearns would beat everybody from OTHER ERAS? this is crazy. If the opponents of his own era could overcome Hearns' skills and everything he brought to the table, then what makes you think people from other eras couldn't do that?
          Almost but not all of them. And are you comparing the fighters from that era to today's? Zzzzz

Comment

Iran Barkley, Hearns was past his prime loosing to Hagler and Leonard?...so he lost to possibly 2 of the best middleweights to ever lace them up..thats nothing to be ashamed about. He beat Benitez and Duran thats enough to rank him up there with the best...He is not overated at all..

Comment

I kind of agree with you. His height and length would give any welterweight problems, but I think sometimes people just assume he'd beat everybody because of it. He did lose to shorter guys he wasn't unbeatable. Hearns was great though.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                no, it didnt bother me. but it triggered something. Cause I been reading the same stuff here for a long long time. Hearns would be the one to beat Pacquiao. Or "Hearns would beat Mayweather."
                Okay, I'll give it another shot and, by the way, I'm not a fanboy of any fighter. I just call it like I see it and I could be wrong. I just mentioned Hearns and Jones, any other fighters are not relevant to the original discussion. I think that, based on styles, Hearns vs. Jones would a be a competitive fight that could go either way. I also mentioned that Hagler, stylistically speaking, is the toughest matchup for Jones. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Comment

The main reason people pick Hearns over Floyd is because of his jab. Floyd rarely shows a weakness but it's common knowledge that Floyd is a lot less comfortable against guys with good jabs. Hearns has an ATG jab!

Comment

You don't think Hearns would kill Pac? If Hearns was around today Floyd and Pac would not be messing around at 154 or even 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X