Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik at 168 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm picking Pavlik by knockout. Pavlik has to train to keep Ward from grabbing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      I'm picking Pavlik by knockout. Pavlik has to train to keep Ward from grabbing him.
      lulz......

Comment

Pavlik has had too many problems. I can't see Pavlik winning this one.

Comment

He has the style to beat Ward. If he can keep Ward from getting inside and holding and hitting, he could present problems for Ward. I'm not sold on Wards chin yet.

Comment

Ward by UD and I don't think he would lose a Round

Comment

if B-Hop were able to..... then what u think Ward can do to him?

Comment

He has the style to beat Ward. If he can keep Ward from getting inside and holding and hitting, he could present problems for Ward. I'm not sold on Wards chin yet.
                No... He doesnt.

Hes one dimensional, comes forward in straight lines... Pumps a predictable jab, has no head movement and limited defense.

His footwork is subpar, and he doesnt have the same power at 168 as he did 160.

Hes got a good right hand and a solid jab and a good beard, it stops there though... Nothing special enough to come even kind of close to being competitive with Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  No... He doesnt.

Hes one dimensional, comes forward in straight lines... Pumps a predictable jab, has no head movement and limited defense.

His footwork is subpar, and he doesnt have the same power at 168 as he did 160.

Hes got a good right hand and a solid jab and a good beard, it stops there though... Nothing special enough to come even kind of close to being competitive with Andre Ward.
                  That's your opinion. I'm not sold on Wards converted style. Something is missing in Wards game that leaves him open. I think Ward is open for a straight left right down the pipe. Ward is not a pure boxer. He's a good athlete. He is strong, but he is open the minute he lunges in.

Comment

That's your opinion. I'm not sold on Wards converted style. Something is missing in Wards game that leaves him open. I think Ward is open for a straight left right down the pipe. Ward is not a pure boxer. He's a good athlete. He is strong, but he is open the minute he lunges in.
                    Ward would slip the jab and counter every time... Pavlik has ZERO head movement... Thats not opinion thats fact... He covers up like Clottey... He also has zero inside game... If Ward decides to make it up close and rough, hes SOL.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Ward would slip the jab and counter every time... Pavlik has ZERO head movement... Thats not opinion thats fact... He covers up like Clottey... He also has zero inside game... If Ward decides to make it up close and rough, hes SOL.
                      Ward would, wouldn't he? Nothing you've said above is fact. Maybe Ward slips the jab, no Pavlik doesn't cover up like Clottey, and Pavlik isn't terrible on the inside as if he has no inside skills. Pavlik wants a fight on the inside. Hop and Martinez out boxed and cut him to ribbons BOXING him. Ward will mix it up, but Pavlik is a tall guy with a big right hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X