No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Not Concerned With Pacquiao-Mosley Going Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Not Concerned With Pacquiao-Mosley Going Showtime

The departure of the mega-bout featuring Manny Pacquiao from HBO to CBS-Showtime pay per view for a May 7 defense of his WBO welterweight belt against three-division, five-time titlist Shane Mosley, does not concern HBO's President of Sports Ross Greenburg. Long-time staples on HBO, the 32-year-old southpaw Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 knockouts) and the 39-year-old Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs) will clash at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in the first-ever appearance on Showtime for both fighters in a move by Top Rank Promotions' CEO, Bob Arum.

[Click Here To Read More]

If this leads to May-Pac on Showtime then yes you will.

Comment

Yes they are

They just let millions and their biggest client go to their competitor

Comment

Anyone who believes they're not concerned is an idiot. How could they not be concerned? They just missed out on alot of money. Isn't that why they're in the business? To make money, right?

Comment

I wouldn't be concerned with the best boxer in the world leaving my company to test the waters

Comment

Saving face.

Comment

last time i checked. mayweather is the biggest client. and he's with HBO.

Comment

One think i know for sure, that 360 crap of an effort to replicate HBO's epic 24/7 will not come close! if it does I will be amazed. and watching a 24/7 up to a fight is so critical for me cause it gets me super exited and pumped up!
                But ultimately I am in favor of whatever is best for boxing even if it doesn't seem like a good idea at the time it is introduced.

Comment

They are not worried now......but if Pac-Mosley does more than DLH-Mayweather due to the exposure that CBS can bring them, then I bet he is gonna sing a different tune.

Comment

Because greenberg is so good at making the right decisions for the sport and helping it grow.

Comment

Working...
                    X