Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is it possible for fighters to rehydrate 15-20lbs on fight night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBoy MeYHeM View Post
    That debacle has ??? all over it.. Honestly i may get flack for this but, I really think that **** was all staged..

He did take a huge risk because while dehydrated he fought, which is a much higher risk of brain damage..
    was he dehydrated though?

i know some people say he didn't rehydrate 'til fight night even stating roach's comments about delahoya's arm and ivy marks.

don't know about that.

i remember he was around 147 weeks before the fight.

though that could have been for show and was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Puft View Post
      well if you cut weight it'll be water you're cutting.

a high metabolism will actually help you in cutting weight.
      When I cut it's usually real weight. I lose a lot of muscle. If I need to lose water weight it would be only 3 to 5 pounds.

Comment

Didn't Roach say he saw a drop of blood where the had rehydrated him via IV after the fight night weigh-in or something. Again I don't know much about the whole dehydrating thing but that sounds real stupid to me.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
          When I cut it's usually real weight. I lose a lot of muscle. If I need to lose water weight it would be only 3 to 5 pounds.
          that's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
            Didn't Roach say he saw a drop of blood where the had rehydrated him via IV after the fight night weigh-in or something. Again I don't know much about the whole dehydrating thing but that sounds real stupid to me.
            yeah roach said that.

don't know if there's any truth to it though.

roach talks out of his ass a lot. it's normal.

Comment

That's why I think boxing should go back to the fight day weight-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
                yeah except people will cut weight the day of the fight instead of the day before.

Comment

I always wondered this myself and people don't seem to talk about it much. Pac has been at about 144 on fight night since he was fighting at 130. Paul Williams weighed in at 3 pounds short of the smw limit when he walked into the ring against Quintana at ww, that 17 ****ing pounds. Clottey claims to be at 170 on fight night. I remember Mayorga making the same claim before one of his recent fights, don't remember which though.

My questions is simple, is this normal? and how is it physically possible without having a negative effect on your performance?
                  Its normal. I remember when Rocky Juarez fought Jorge Rodrigo Barios....both weighed in 130 fight night and both balooned to 146. Also Dawson came in around 173-175 and rehydrated to 190 plus.

Basically big guys can rehydrate 15-20lbs and this can still be considered normal

Normal rehydration for guys who aren't considered neither big or small for the weight class normally rehydrate 10-15lbs

Smaller guys in the weight classes usually go 4-10lbs and in most cases are only there because the class below doesn't have the names or big money fights he usually wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Puft View Post
                    yeah roach said that.

don't know if there's any truth to it though.

roach talks out of his ass a lot. it's normal.
                    meaning they used an IV to rehydrate the day of, which isn't the right way to do it. at that point, they knew they had DLH.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
                      that's more dangerous. that means they're going into the fight dehydrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X