Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeMarco vs Linares Rematch Close For July 7, Home Depot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeMarco vs Linares Rematch Close For July 7, Home Depot

This past weekend, in his fist title defense, Antonio DeMarco (26-2, 20 KOs) retained his WBC lightweight championship with a spectacular performance, knocking out Miguel "Mickey" Roman (37-10, 28 KOs) in the fifth round. The victory has opened up a floodgate of opportunities for DeMarco who hails from Los Mochis, Mexico, but a rematch with Jorge Linares is what's up next.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hell Yeah. Linares is STILL the TRUTH. I believe in him. He will be a great champion and have a great career by the time he retires. Linares by a wide UD in the rematch.

Comment

Can Linares rise above it and get revenge?

If he wins we could see a Linares-Broner fight in the near future.

Its still a 50-50 fight.

Comment

War linares!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Can Linares rise above it and get revenge?

If he wins we could see a Linares-Broner fight in the near future.

Its still a 50-50 fight.
          Linares, Burns (if he'll fight Broner this time), Bogere, Orozco, Garcia, Ramos Jr, M. Perez, Figueora, Maldonado Jr, all guys Broner will end up fighting from 135-140 probably. As long as those young guys turn out to be as good as they potentially can be, Broner will have a lot of good fights in the next 4-5 years.

Not to mention if Gamboa leaves TR in the next 1-2 years, that fight is there as well. So is Gary Russell Jr and the prospect John Velasquez.

Comment

If Linares can keep his god dammed hands up when he circles out of exchanges, he wins this easily.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              If Linares can keep his god dammed hands up when he circles out of exchanges, he wins this easily.
              He needs to not exchange period.

If he just boxed he would win easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                He needs to not exchange period.

If he just boxed he would win easy.
                He can exchange just fine, he has the faster hands and the better footwork. It's just when he gets finished punching, he turns out and leaves his left hand down and DeMarco was able to sneak right hooks in late in the fight.

Jorge gets lazy with his defense like Cotto and Juanma do. Its kind of half azzed Mayweather defense without knowing how to use it.

Comment

I wish I would have dubbed the first fight.

Comment

I just don't see Linares winning, let alone easily. If he does get the decision it will be a hard earned win. IMO DeMarco will do better in the rematch. Once Tony got comforable he was able to get his range and time Linares well. Don't get me wrong Linares was winning the fight but Tony hits harder and will get the stoppage again might even get stopped do to cuts. Even if Linares does well early like he did the first time I don't think he can keep it up for 12 rounds, not with DeMarco at least.

Comment

Working...
                    X