Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Fighting Words' – The Unofficial Ward-Bute Negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 'Fighting Words' – The Unofficial Ward-Bute Negotiations

by David P. Greisman - One world title had been won at the outset, when the dark horse had taken out the clear favorite. One world title had been won in the finale, when the once-untested prospect once again showed his skills and savvy, a physically and mentally superlative fighter.

A silver cup awarded by Showtime showed him to be the victor at the end of the two-year “Super Six” tournament. A title belt bestowed by “The Ring” magazine indicated that he was the true champion of the super-middleweight division.

This was Andre Ward’s triumph, and these were his trophies.

He had won the World Boxing Association title by defeating Mikkel Kessler in November 2009. He had won the World Boxing Council belt by dominating Carl Froch in December 2011. He had won three fights in-between, defeating Allan Green, Sakio Bika and Arthur Abraham.

He has a 25-0 record, an Olympic gold medal as the best among amateur boxers and numerous prizes proving him the best among professional fighters. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    by David P. Greisman - One world title had been won at the outset, when the dark horse had taken out the clear favorite. One world title had been won in the finale, when the once-untested prospect once again showed his skills and savvy, a physically and mentally superlative fighter.

A silver cup awarded by Showtime showed him to be the victor at the end of the two-year “Super Six” tournament. A title belt bestowed by “The Ring” magazine indicated that he was the true champion of the super-middleweight division.

This was Andre Ward’s triumph, and these were his trophies.

He had won the World Boxing Association title by defeating Mikkel Kessler in November 2009. He had won the World Boxing Council belt by dominating Carl Froch in December 2011. He had won three fights in-between, defeating Allan Green, Sakio Bika and Arthur Abraham.

He has a 25-0 record, an Olympic gold medal as the best among amateur boxers and numerous prizes proving him the best among professional fighters. [Click Here To Read More]
    I decided aome time ago to stop reading "Fighting Words" becauae for me, after about the first ten isues, the firmat palled and became tedius. But I've always looked forward to the
    10 Count . It's still good....but for how long??

You know, an average Christmas turkey must weight at least 10 lbs (for conventient math) do they must have weighted at least 300,000 lbs which are 150 tons. What kind of truck could carry 150 tons, which doesn't include include of the extensive and very weighty refrigerating equipment. I suspect it would be more like 3000. I can't see king shelling out his hard earned Trinidad present in turkeys for topoor whom he has been mulcting all his life

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      I decided aome time ago to stop reading "Fighting Words" becauae for me, after about the first ten isues, the firmat palled and became tedius. But I've always looked forward to the
      10 Count . It's still good....but for how long??

You know, an average Christmas turkey must weight at least 10 lbs (for conventient math) do they must have weighted at least 300,000 lbs which are 150 tons. What kind of truck could carry 150 tons, which doesn't include include of the extensive and very weighty refrigerating equipment. I suspect it would be more like 3000. I can't see king shelling out his hard earned Trinidad present in turkeys for topoor whom he has been mulcting all his life
      It is hilarious that you regard King to be the devil himself, and you regard Bob Arum as a much-maligned businessman who is honest, loyal, and over-flowing with integrity. People see what they want to see I guess.

As everyone knows, I have no interest in that racial/nationalistic rubbish, I very rarely comment on such things, in fact..... I go out of my way to avoid that childish stuff.....

but, you dont feel that way because King is black and Arum is a jew, do you?

Surely not ?

Comment

How in the hell is Pacquaio a nominee for Fighter of the Year?? Wtf? I am honestly going to be happy when Pacquaio retires...I am just over all of this Pacmania and all of his fans, of which 80% know nothing about boxing. He is in the cover of the Ring it seems every damn month, and for what? There are so many other exciting and deserved fighters in boxing, cmon! You are telling me he is a possible choice for FOY with 2 boring fights with old/shot Marg and Mosley and a robbery MD over the real winner JMM? Unreal. The FOY needs to be Ward or Arce, fighters who actually deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
          It is hilarious that you regard King to be the devil himself, and you regard Bob Arum as a much-maligned businessman who is honest, loyal, and over-flowing with integrity. People see what they want to see I guess.

As everyone knows, I have no interest in that racial/nationalistic rubbish, I very rarely comment on such things, in fact..... I go out of my way to avoid that childish stuff.....

but, you dont feel that way because King is black and Arum is a jew, do you?

Surely not ?
          LMAO that's actually pretty accurate, Arum is at very least on par with King by now...To me Arum is alot worse but still it's like choosing between AIDS or HIV with those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
            How in the hell is Pacquaio a nominee for Fighter of the Year?? Wtf? I am honestly going to be happy when Pacquaio retires...I am just over all of this Pacmania and all of his fans, of which 80% know nothing about boxing. He is in the cover of the Ring it seems every damn month, and for what? There are so many other exciting and deserved fighters in boxing, cmon! You are telling me he is a possible choice for FOY with 2 boring fights with old/shot Marg and Mosley and a robbery MD over the real winner JMM? Unreal. The FOY needs to be Ward or Arce, fighters who actually deserve it.
            well as im sure you know, fighter of the year is going to go to a relatively mainstream fighter, who would be pacquiao or mayweather....i really can't think of any other fighter whos technically "mainsteam." but ask any random person on the street to name all the boxers they can, and they're more than likely to say pacquiao and mayweather, and thats it...its a shame cuz there are plenty of good fighters out there who just dont get the mainstream recognition they deserve all because no one knows who they are and they're really in the underground of boxing, friday night fights put on great shows last season, better than i expected, fighters who can put on better shows than pacquiao and mayweather can do on a good day...those kinda fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
              Great post man, unbelievable aint it ?

Like I said earlier, people see what they want to see, weird huh ?

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                LMAO that's actually pretty accurate, Arum is at very least on par with King by now...To me Arum is alot worse but still it's like choosing between AIDS or HIV with those two.
                That is exactly right, I agree with the bold 100%.

Comment

Ward is afraid of Bute or it's a negotiating strategy.

Ward has an easier time beating boxers powers because their defense is not their strength. I think he is afraid of Bute because it is both a very good hitter and has a great defense.

The only boxer that fought both is Edison Miranda. Bute beat him by knockout in the third round. Ward beat him by unanimous decision after 12 rounds.

An athlete seeks to prove he is the best before trying to make as much money as possible. If Ward is a proud athlete, he will fight against Bute as soon as possible and to silence those who doubt he can proclaim himself the best of 168 pounds.

Boxing fans want to see this fight and I want to see this fight. Everyone wants to see Ward-Bute fight, no matter the reasons given by Ward for flee.

Cloga

Comment

Originally posted by cloga View Post
                    Ward has an easier time beating boxers powers because their defense is not their strength. I think he is afraid of Bute because it is both a very good hitter and has a great defense.

The only boxer that fought both is Edison Miranda. Bute beat him by knockout in the third round. Ward beat him by unanimous decision after 12 rounds.

An athlete seeks to prove he is the best before trying to make as much money as possible. If Ward is a proud athlete, he will fight against Bute as soon as possible and to silence those who doubt he can proclaim himself the best of 168 pounds.

Boxing fans want to see this fight and I want to see this fight. Everyone wants to see Ward-Bute fight, no matter the reasons given by Ward for flee.

Cloga
                    Don't be absurd. Just because you have decided to join up and make a comment about your favorite fighter is no reason to abandon common-sense.

How can you possibly justify accusing ANY of the fighters who signed up for the Super-6 of ducking or cherry-picking, let alone the competition winner? They were mandated to fight whoever was put in front of them, and they all knew the rules before the competition began.

Dont forget, your guy is the one who didn't participate.

I like Bute, so dont make me ask you to justify Magee and Brinkley.

Apparently a Froch/Bute fight is in the bag, so Bute will land Ward if he gets by Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X