Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Make that 6-times world champion:

1: Siaca (WBA)
    2: Beyer (WBC)
    3: Sartison (WBA)
    4: Froch (WBC)
    5: Magee (WBA)
    6: Froch (IBF)?
    That current WBA title isn't a championship, BN, and you know it.

Come on now, i expect better from you...

Comment

I hear you.

Let's call it 6 times alphabet champ.
      We could do that - I'm sure that's what he calls himself! Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
        I think Green is probably on the level of Abraham and Johnson, and Magee = Mack..
        Allan Green is awful. And he can't be on the level of Glen Johnson because Glen Johnson beat him by TKO.

So no, I stand by what I said. Froch has honed his edge against better fighters since the first fight with Kessler. That plus having home country advantage should make him a slight favorite in this matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          That current WBA title isn't a championship, BN, and you know it.

Come on now, i expect better from you...
          At least I didn't count the ridiculous silver LHW belt he got by KO'ing Green.

Yeah I'm aware of it only being a 'regular' belt. The WBA is a mess:

Super: Ward
          Regular: Kessler
          In recess: Balszay

BTW the 'super' tag is given normally by the WBA if their (regular) champion unifies. I wonder what they will call the Froch-Kessler winner. Will they then have a laughable 2 'super' champs?

Comment

BTW the 'super' tag is given normally by the WBA if their (regular) champion unifies. I wonder what they will call the Froch-Kessler winner. Will they then have a laughable 2 'super' champs?
            Ward will be elevated to 'super duper' champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Allan Green is awful. And he can't be on the level of Glen Johnson because Glen Johnson beat him by TKO.

So no, I stand by what I said. Froch has honed his edge against better fighters since the first fight with Kessler. That plus having home country advantage should make him a slight favorite in this matchup.
              True, but I don't think they are way different in levels at the moment. At least Kessler KO'd him violently. But you're right, Froch edges it in competition of course. But the way Kessler has looked I genuinly put this down as 50/50 which is why the matchup is so exciting. But I don't see this being a KO - both have great chins, probably Froch has the better. But then again, Kessler probably has more power. If he can somehow turn it back a few years, I see him winning a UD.

Comment

The article here says that they'll finish the deal within a few days. It's been a while since ekstrabladet.dk ran the story, and since then BT.dk has spoken to Kalle Sauerland. He says that it is more realistic to assume that Kessler's next fight will be determined in January, but since Ward is fighting Kelly Pavlik, Froch is the main man.

Comment

They will make kessler the super champ, and ward the "champion of the universe"

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    They will make kessler the super champ, and ward the "champion of the universe"
                    And the sanctioning fees keep on coming.

Comment

Froch should win this..... Would be surprised if he doesn't

Comment

Working...
                      X