No announcement yet.

The fights no one talking about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fights no one talking about

we are all caught up with the pac fight but what about the ones before lol, the mike jacobs upset was crazy! boring fight but good ending and then the jorce arce, what did you guys think of that???

Originally posted by doper209 View Post
    we are all caught up with the pac fight but what about the ones before lol, the mike jacobs upset was crazy! boring fight but good ending and then the jorce arce, what did you guys think of that???
    He got headbutted, hit low, hit to the kidney, then took a hard left hand to the eardrum while his back was turned. The man is battle worn, and personally he shouldn't be anywhere near a boxing ring, it's not gonna end well for him if he continues. In no way did he quit, it's not in his demeanor, he should retire, he's already given the sport a lot of good fights.

Comment

You missed it earlier today. The Mexican homey asked if we thought Arce quit. Everyone agreed that he deserved the benefit of the doubt. Then the homey went on to say that the little Rican kid was a guppy & Arce would have creamed him.

Now all I'll like to know is why people are gonna praise the quitter & discredit the guy that made him quit. That kid got put down & got up & gave Arce the business for the rest of the 1st round. That boy got major pop, I can't wait to see him again.

Comment

I really don't want to discredit Arce but, to me, he looked like he was trying to get out of the fight. Didn't even try to get up before saying he was going to fall to the sides. Rolling around on the floor come on. Not 5 min had passed before has giving the interview like nothing had happened. But, it's Arce so i dunno. Also, the low blow was deflected by his elbow and laded on the belt line. I just don't know.

The upper that ended the jones fight was beautiful. Him crying was a bit too much for me but hey, it was an emotional moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          He got headbutted, hit low, hit to the kidney, then took a hard left hand to the eardrum while his back was turned. The man is battle worn, and personally he shouldn't be anywhere near a boxing ring, it's not gonna end well for him if he continues. In no way did he quit, it's not in his demeanor, he should retire, he's already given the sport a lot of good fights.

Disagree with your :In no way did he quit" comment. Cause he did.

I'd like to give Arce the benefit of the doubt but I can't.

His actions after the fight and his err temporary equilibrium issued cleared a bit too soon 4 me.

He was fully aware of potential bouts that could possibly be in jeopardy if he continued.

Many of great fighters have taken this route when father time has caught up with them. Fighters with much greater records and irrefutable big balls syndrome.

I don't blame him for trying to cash in as much as he can before hanging them up but no one can convince me he didn't quit !!!
          Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 06-10-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doper209 View Post
            Mike Jones

Comment

Did he quit ? i don't think so. No way he would quit after putting the guy down in the first, and had never quit before, even when he couldn't hurt his opponent and was getting his share as well, and now he's suppose to quit because of this guy? lol please

everyone was disgusted with the replay, and with Rojas comments.

he still looked wobbly when he got up.

Comment

I give Arce the benefit of the doubt. He is not known to quit, and has left it all in the ring time and time again. I dont fault Kenny as well, because it all happened so fast that he didnt have enough time to get inbetween the action before it spirialed out of control. He called the fight flawlessy as he always does(one of the best, IMHO the BEST ref currently reffing fights today). I think the fight was about to explode into a war, and Arce was gonna give as good as he got for the remainder of the fight. Rojas gave a very good account of himself getting off the canvas within the 1st minute or so of the fight to finish the round strong.

I dont agree with him callin Jorge a coward in the post fight interview. To me it was classless, and now I want Arce to blow him out in the rematch. Arce wants to fight, and he wants the rematch, and I wouldnt mind that rematch headlining a HBO or SHO card. This fight IMO was gonna steal the show that evening(even more than Randall's uppercut KO of Mike).

Comment

Working...
                X