According to Todd "The official bout agreement isn't signed yet"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    I thought everyone knew this.
    Most people don't or didn't, cause everyone is under the impression that Gamboa is gonna get the **** sued out of him, including me.

I don't know how well verbal agreements hold up in court, but it's anything like Judge Judy, all Gamboa has to say is that they never made any verbal agreement.

Comment

how can you sell tickets to a fight and hold press conferences across the nation when the fight isnt signed??

Comment

You know why Donaire didn't get away right? Beause Top Rank and GBP have an agreement about not signing guys away from the other.

Top Rank and Mayweather Promotions have no such deal.

I believe Florida is a right to work state, so Top Rank can't do shit about him having fights there, you can't stop people from working in right to work states~

Comment

i guess gamboa does want extra money and is using all the power he thinks he has, im curious to find out if top rank will pay him or let the fight fold

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            how can you sell tickets to a fight and hold press conferences across the nation when the fight isnt signed??
            Remember when Arum made Cotto-Marg before Marg actualy had a license. The old man is senile.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
              so this is why gamboa was requesting more money, if you guys knew how much gamboa is making for the fight ur jaws would fuking drop
              How much is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                Really?..well tell me why in 39 pro fights Miguel Cottos purse for the Mayweather bout is more than any of his previous 39 fights with Top Rank?
                Just the biggest LOGIC FAIL. . .

Because GOlden Boy is putting up the money to stage the fight, and Cotto is getting more money guaranteed to him by Floyd. . . He won't make that much more than he did against Pac if the fight does similar numbers. . .

Gamboa wouldn't be fighting Mayweather. .. THAT'S the only reason Cotto is getting that money.

Hahah this guy thinks Floyd and "mayweather promotions" is some kind of powerhouse promotional company. . They will be DEFUNCT in 5-7 years (actually heard they already are) , just like his rap label, Philthy Rich Productions or whatever that silly shyt was called.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I think the event will still come off with Rios fighting someone else, the card is subject to change~ so no refunds.:gay:

It pretty much sounds like a bait and switch though, if they knew there were issues and Top Rank aren't idiots so I have to assume they atleast had a clue that everything wasn't rosey.

Really blame the guy that will get nothing but shit or the promotional company that will still make money probably more paying an opponent less.
                  The last fight I went to was Gamboa vs Solis with Mikey on the undercard, even then I was nervous about buying the ticket months in advance, because stuff like this always happens.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
                    How much is that?
                    let me put it this way ummm shyt man i cant say i promised

Comment

bout agreements usually don't get signed until closer to the fight. that is typical.

Comment

Working...
                      X