No announcement yet.

Tesla Model S Voted "Car Of The Year" By Motor Trend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric cars are for the gays. This car should have won the award:

200 mph, 660+ hp, with a base price under 60k. For the tree huggers, it even avoids the gas guzzler tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

200 mph, 660+ hp, with a base price under 60k. For the tree huggers, it even avoids the gas guzzler tax.

lol! 60K? that's unreal.

i wouldn't want to go that fast in a car that cheap.

Comment

Get a load of the 17" screen full dash demo. These guys aren't playing ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Lol! That's a great muscle car and a classic. But, isn't that a speeding ticket magnet?

Comment

A brief look into the genius mind of Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk ...

Last edited by MindBat; 11-14-2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Elon Musk in Iron Man 2. His short line in the film hints at his future innovations ...

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                The Tesla Model S is the 2013 Motor Trend Car of the Year. The luxury 5-door electric sedan fought off 10 other finalists for the Golden Calipers trophy, acing the magazine's six judging criteria in the process.

Eleven judges reviewed the contenders, including three guests, and for the first time in the award's history all 11 voted unanimously for the winner.

Each car was evaluated on advancement in design, engineering excellence, efficiency, and safety and value.

While 25 vehicles were eligible to win, judges narrowed down the field to the final few over two weeks of solid testing.

I have to get me one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post

I have to get me one of these.
                  The cost is prohibitive for many at the moment, but with mass production it's bound to come down. It's only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Absolutely as battery technology improves electric only cars become much more practical.

There are still plenty of emissions produced in producing that electricity at the moment, mainly due to our unwillingness to follow in the footsteps of the French and expand nuclear (which they use to produce 80% of theirs.)
                    Or the Germans and expand wind and solar.

I took a bus to Berlin a year ago, and as you approach the city you drive through many 'windfarms' (actually they are normal farms, but they also have wind turbans. One of the advantages of wind, you can still use the land).

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                      Or the Germans and expand wind and solar.

I took a bus to Berlin a year ago, and as you approach the city you drive through many 'windfarms' (actually they are normal farms, but they also have wind turbans. One of the advantages of wind, you can still use the land).
                      And wind power is apparently much safer than nuclear energy at the moment ...

10 Pros and Cons of Nuclear Power

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/cu...lear-power.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X