Golden Boy taking Khan to Anaheim, talking to Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mars Volta View Post
    garcia ducking khan?
    Yep, it's May and Garcia is ducking Khan for a fight in July. Makes a lot of sense.

No top fighter should fight Khan unless they get the normal 8 week training camp.

Comment

A fight between two top fighters should have at least 2 months of breathing room/promotion and 2 months of training camp. For a total of 4 months before the fight. And that's just the least. Bigger fights take about 6 months, 4 of those 6 is promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
        I think I have posted this in the past, but I continue to believe the best fight is for him to just move to 147 and fight Alexander. It makes business sense, as either can put together a decent crowd, and HBO would surely buy that fight.
        Yes. It sets everything up.
        Khan-Alexander
        Ortiz-Berto
        Guerrero-Aydin

Malignaggi would be able to choose which winner to defend his belt against and the other two winners face each other.

At 140, Golden Boy has Danny Garcia. Winner of Matthysse-Soto faces Garcia. Some good fights Golden Boy can create.

Comment

FFS throw some extra cash at Prescott and see if you can catch him at a bad time....get it over with. o well....I'm almost hoping for Miguel Vasquez at this point, that was the first name they mentioned last week but most crappd on that.......what about Chop Chop.

Comment

Originally posted by garryx2013 View Post
            Yes. It sets everything up.
            Khan-Alexander
            Ortiz-Berto
            Guerrero-Aydin

Malignaggi would be able to choose which winner to defend his belt against and the other two winners face each other.

At 140, Golden Boy has Danny Garcia. Winner of Matthysse-Soto faces Garcia. Some good fights Golden Boy can create.
            that would be great and surprising if they can get that fight together by July. it makes sense in certain markets but not in Anaheim....neither of them have fought in the LA area that I can think of... this is a good boxing city and it would sell some tickets but it still would need promotion. it would easily sell out in St Loius tho

Comment

Working...
            X