Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you give floyd credit for dominating jmm like no 1's ever done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a win. Nothing special.

Comment

wasn't JMM just a tune-up for Floyd?

Comment

The prevailing Tard theory is that despite the weight, Marquez has Manny's number......well he definitely doesn't have Floyd's number.

Comment

he gets very little credit from me. floyd was his usual style...skillful, defensive and smart. he got all the advantages on his side except for the layoff but it didn't really show any ill-effects on floyd's performance. he's supposed to dominate and he did just like that. one thing i didn't like about floyd in that fight was that he's the bigger guy and yet fought cautiously. being the bigger and more skillful fighter you would expect floyd to somewhat try and bully jmm. but floyd never went out of his shell, it was actually jmm who did that. he was getting beat up from the outside by floyd that rendered his counterpunching style almost useless so he tried to close the gap and pressed the action but still to no avail. if jmm didn't initiate the offense, the fight would have been very boring. good thing jmm is a real warrior. even for a losing effort, jmm deserved more credit in that fight than floyd.

Comment

no, because a number of other Welterweights would have done the same thing or worse to Marquez. Imagine Cotto or Mosley vs Marquez at 147. ouch.

Marquez is just not legitimate or good welterweight. plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              no 1's beat him like that....floyd won every round..do you give him credit?
              I would have if he would have came in at the agreed weight and still put on that type of performance..........

but he didn't............so it's a mute point.........NEXT!

Comment

The weight is what the made the big difference especially Floyd coming in overweight in the weigh in.
                But still I give him credit for dominating and winning so easy over JMM.

Comment

I give wifebeater credit for clever matchmaking. He obviously fooled *****s into thinking this was going to be a competitive fight by using the "JMM is a lbs 4 lbs fighter" line. Wifebeater didn't even bother to make the 144 lbs catchweight and must've weighed around 155 to160 lbs.

Comment

Yeah, more of an okay win, but the thing is, if JMM performed better, Mayweather wouldn't be criticized as much. This was the fight that determined JMM doesn't belong above 140lbs.

Comment

credit?!*cough* he's a b!tch in every way, why he has to cheat on the scales against a tune up fight on a 135 pounder? on fighting Manny he's a coward, on the scales, he's still a coward.what the hell is that
                      Last edited by Espada; 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X