No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank's Letter Outlines Dispute of Donaire's Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Top Rank's Letter Outlines Dispute of Donaire's Claims

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum’s top notch, lawyer Daniel Petrocelli, has debunked the claims of WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire that Top Rank was guilty of a breach of contract that precipitated Donaire’s decision to sign up with arch rivals Golden Boy Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]

I wish I could find my other post about this, not about to look, but I knew in the contract it would state that all Top Rank had to do was offer 3, not that Nonito HAD to fight three times a year. Case closed.

Comment

makes sense...but if top rank didnt agree with donaire's claim that he wasnt offered enough fights, why would they pay him the extra money? this case turns on the medical leave. i kno he broke his hand after mthlane fight but his hand was merely swollen after the marquez fight, which is also what his wife stated. top rank's lawyer claims it was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        makes sense...but if top rank didnt agree with donaire's claim that he wasnt offered enough fights, why would they pay him the extra money? this case turns on the medical leave. i kno he broke his hand after mthlane fight but his hand was merely swollen after the marquez fight, which is also what his wife stated. top rank's lawyer claims it was broken.
        who wins this battle

Comment

i guess golden boy better get a new set of lawyers..they lost with pac n might lose this one

Comment

Not looking good fr DONAIRE

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              I wish I could find my other post about this, not about to look, but I knew in the contract it would state that all Top Rank had to do was offer 3, not that Nonito HAD to fight three times a year. Case closed.
              u did say that, but it clearly doesnt close the case if donaire contends he wasnt offered 3 fights.

Comment

Promoters are always to screw with the fighters. Ask Gato Figueroa!! His promoter did not buy the insurance for his last fight and he ended up having to pay $30,000 and he didn't even got pay that much.

Comment

Originally posted by vicmatic1 View Post
                  i guess golden boy better get a new set of lawyers..they lost with pac n might lose this one
                  They only lost with Pac because he wanted to go to Top Rank.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  u did say that, but it clearly doesnt close the case if donaire contends he wasnt offered 3 fights.
                  They have to prove that 3 fights were offered.

Comment

Bob looks like he got his **** together and is ready to go to legal war with GBP and Donaire. Sad for Donaire as he's in high demand right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X