Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier Or Felix Trinidad Who Ranks Higher On A ATG List?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Frazier Or Felix Trinidad Who Ranks Higher On A ATG List?

Well??????????

Joe Frazier definitely. He's in the middle of a top 10 heavyweight list and is a top 50 p4p atg. Trinidad isn't even a top 100 ATG. His greatest win was over Oscar and it was tainted with controversy, as it was clear that he did not win that fight then went on to lose to Hopkins and Winky Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Joe Frazier definitely. He's in the middle of a top 10 heavyweight list and is a top 50 p4p atg. Trinidad isn't even a top 100 ATG. His greatest win was over Oscar and it was tainted with controversy, as it was clear that he did not win that fight then went on to lose to Hopkins and Winky Wright.
      What? Tito is easy a top 100 ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        In tito's prime he only lost once! and that was to atg hopkins and it was at middleweight! trinindad's best years were at welterweight and lightmiddleweight were he never lost at them weights and was devasting. Oscar gave that fight away in the words of vargas he ran and didnt fight like a true mexican warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
          In tito's prime he only lost once! and that was to atg hopkins and it was at middleweight! trinindad's best years were at welterweight and lightmiddleweight were he never lost at them weights and was devasting. Oscar gave that fight away in the words of vargas he ran and didnt fight like a true mexican warrior
          You gotta win more than just the last few rounds to win a fight.

Even if Oscar didn't throw a single punch the last two rounds, he still should have won as long as he didn't get KO'd. That's what you call a gift decision. Why do you think Tito was crying like a baby and had a look of shock on his face. He knew he lost and he was as shocked as everybody else in the world when he was announced the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
            What? Tito is easy a top 100 ATG.
            hmmm I don't know if I'd say "easy" top 100 ATG. I would guess he'd be low 80's early 90's if on most lists at all.

I've never made one so I can't say, I just don't know that he's a top 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
              Frazier didn't exactly lose often in his prime either. You can argue the loss to Foreman, but that came after the FOTC in which Frazier almost died afterwards and was heavy and relatively unimpressive in his fights after that.
              Last edited by Thread Stealer; 03-29-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I'd go with Frazier. He fought in a strong HW era and his win over an undefeated Ali is far better than any win Trinidad ever had.

Trinidad looked pretty lousy against De La Hoya. After DLH tired and started running, most people still had DLH either winning or a draw. Trinidad skill-wise was best at WW to me (not as in love with his power), he had some decent scalps like Carr, Campas, and old Whitaker but most of the opposition in his title reign was so-so. Vargas was the best win of his career. Reid & Joppy were solid wins, but not enough for me to rank him over Joe.

Comment

felix "Tito" Trinidad.

Trinidad's legacy isn't built off of leeching off of another fighters legacy and he didn't spend his entire career ducking and avoiding virtually every ranked puncher either.

frazier's two greatest wins came over fighters who were coming off of long layoffs.One of these fighters,despite being well past it would later beat frazier decisively twice.

Trinidad was dominated by Hopkins but still competitive and game the entire fight.Keep in mind that Hopkins is a rather large middleweight while Trinidad was fairly small for the division at that time while frazier was dusted with ease against a fellow heavyweight.

Trinidads resume is simply greater and is the more skilled fighter of the two.Trinidad never quit in his corner to avoid getting knocked out and he never cherry picked his opposition either.

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
                    Trinidad's legacy isn't built off of leeching off of another fighters legacy and he didn't spend his entire career ducking and avoiding virtually every ranked puncher either.
                    The only leeching going on is YOU leeching oxygen from people more worthy of breathing than yourself.....which would be 99.9% of humanity by my calculation

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X