Money's worth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post
    YES YOU INTIMIDATE HIM.......LOL

YOU REALLY DO, NOTICE HE DIDNT RESPOND TO THE TOPIC, HE WENT ON ABOUT YOU AND NORTH KOREA LOL!!!!!!

NORTH ****IN KOREA!!!!

I didn't see that **** coming I ain't gonna lie...lol
    I'm taking his comment as a joke, as it's too ****ing ******ed to take seriously and I would like to think he's not that ****ing ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
      Its just something that is part of boxing culture with fans and pundits...theres always a way to slant something either in a positive way or negative way. No matter the fight theres always a story why it wasn't that great afterall.
      As a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR Jones jr fan, I know exactly what you mean.

Comment

The only people who are crying about the way the fight ended are usually the guys who want Floyd to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
          im talking about the ending no the choice of opponent
          Fair enough. Yet wouldn't you agree that the outcome would have been the same regardless and that Floyd only hurt himself by not allowing himself to give that ending?

I couldn't have cared less as to me it was going to happen one way or another as it would have only been a matter of time. Ortiz wanted to start something he couldn't handle nor finish. It is what it is and in no way did it make me feel bitter towards the sport.

At the end of the day, fighting is fighting and that is what we got despite it being shorter than most predicted, yet the predictions where most likely all the same. Ending in a KO/TKO/Stoppage or just a complete white wash and dominate performance that was already so clear from the first second of the fight to the last second of round 4.

Comment

LOL @ a great read...What made this a "great read"? It was not a great read...It was not on the level of what a journalistic/boxing writing article should be. But, then again there are very very few boxing writers/journalists who come up with great reading material.

This piece is on the level of a boxingscene poster, post. And, not a great boxingscene poster, but an average Floyd fan type of poster.

Anyways, Floyd didn't do anything wrong. So there's no reason to try and justify something that was in his right to do. However, to compare that to the Rams going to a no huddle offense is F'ing ******ED. C'mon really? Why make that stupid ass comparison?

I hate when people try to compare something of another sport to boxing...SMH.

Yea, it's hard to be satisfied with the ending. But, that wasn't on Floyd. That's on Ortiz...But, honestly wouldn't have seen an unsatisfied ending coming? Ortiz is whack? Very weak minded, so you should have known he was going to pull some dumb shit. It's in his nature, he doesn't have a fighter mentality. I tried to worn people about Ortiz. But, they still had the Berto hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
              fighthype.

im shocked!

Why because it promotes MMA or that it has "positive" articles about Mayweather?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                LOL @ a great read...What made this a "great read"? It was not a great read...It was not on the level of what a journalistic/boxing writing article should be. But, then again there are very very few boxing writers/journalists who come up with great reading material.

This piece is on the level of a boxingscene poster, post. And, not a great boxingscene poster, but an average Floyd fan type of poster.

Anyways, Floyd didn't do anything wrong. So there's no reason to try and justify something that was in his right to do. However, to compare that to the Rams going to a no huddle offense is F'ing ******ED. C'mon really? Why make that stupid ass comparison?

I hate when people try to compare something of another sport to boxing...SMH.

Yea, it's hard to be satisfied with the ending. But, that wasn't on Floyd. That's on Ortiz...But, honestly wouldn't have seen an unsatisfied ending coming? Ortiz is whack? Very weak minded, so you should have known he was going to pull some dumb shit. It's in his nature, he doesn't have a fighter mentality. I tried to worn people about Ortiz. But, they still had the Berto hangover.
                Ok, I'll give you that. I tend to use the term "great" too much. I posted it because it describes exactly how it is. The guys a new writer, so what?

I thought he expressed how a lot of people feel and what Mayweather always states himself. But hey the hate is expected right? It comes with the territory with Mayweather being the "bad guy" of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Ok, I'll give you that. I tend to use the term "great" too much. I posted it because it describes exactly how it is. The guys a new writer, so what?

I thought he expressed how a lot of people feel and what Mayweather always states himself. But hey the hate is expected right? It comes with the territory with Mayweather being the "bad guy" of boxing.
                  He's a new writer, and? There a couple of up coming writers, who do better pieces...He needs to step his game up, this article is something you would write on here.

What hate? From who? ESPN who don't follow the sport? Then from who? fans? As if fans don't hate on Pac? You got one idiot on another thread saying that Pac cherrypicked Clottey and was the biggest cherry pick of this generation...THIS GENERATION...Like really? And, that might be an idiotic belief that you have...But, that's hate because it's clearly exaggerated. But, then people of that ilk want to cray, ***** and moan and defend a fighter when they do the same to the rival.

It comes with the territory....You think if JMM was fighting against Aydin, that so many people would be against that fight? Of course not. But, you know why so many people are against the Pac-JMM fight. Because, Pac like Floyd are held to different standards. And, that doesn't come with being the bad guy, it comes with being at the top.

It's expected more from the 2 then any other fighter. That's how it is and it always be.

Nobody cared when Pac was fighting Solis or Floyd was fighting Ndou...But, now with there standing everything they do is under heavy scrutiny.

And, BTW...Floyd got more credit for beating Mosley than Pac did by the general public...And, rightfully so. Because, he deserved more credit.

And, also no one is really saying he did anything wrong against Ortiz...Everybody who mattered said he was in the right...So I don't know what you or this writer are talking about.

Yes you got a few nut job Pac fans who want to shit on Floyd every chance they get. But, you got some few nut job Floyd fans who do the same to Pac.

It's an F'ing ******ed cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post
                    YES YOU INTIMIDATE HIM.......LOL

YOU REALLY DO, NOTICE HE DIDNT RESPOND TO THE TOPIC, HE WENT ON ABOUT YOU AND NORTH KOREA LOL!!!!!!

NORTH ****IN KOREA!!!!

I didn't see that **** coming I ain't gonna lie...lol
                    floyd wants to fight on a big stadium next... and the biggest one is in north korea, it can hold up to 250.000. next stop for floyd perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      He's a new writer, and? There a couple of up coming writers, who do better pieces...He needs to step his game up, this article is something you would write on here.

What hate? From who? ESPN who don't follow the sport? Then from who? fans? As if fans don't hate on Pac? You got one idiot on another thread saying that Pac cherrypicked Clottey and was the biggest cherry pick of this generation...THIS GENERATION...Like really? And, that might be an idiotic belief that you have...But, that's hate because it's clearly exaggerated. But, then people of that ilk want to cray, ***** and moan and defend a fighter when they do the same to the rival.

It comes with the territory....You think if JMM was fighting against Aydin, that so many people would be against that fight? Of course not. But, you know why so many people are against the Pac-JMM fight. Because, Pac like Floyd are held to different standards. And, that doesn't come with being the bad guy, it comes with being at the top.

It's expected more from the 2 then any other fighter. That's how it is and it always be.

Nobody cared when Pac was fighting Solis or Floyd was fighting Ndou...But, now with there standing everything they do is under heavy scrutiny.

And, BTW...Floyd got more credit for beating Mosley than Pac did by the general public...And, rightfully so. Because, he deserved more credit.

And, also no one is really saying he did anything wrong against Ortiz...Everybody who mattered said he was in the right...So I don't know what you or this writer are talking about.

Yes you got a few nut job Pac fans who want to shit on Floyd every chance they get. But, you got some few nut job Floyd fans who do the same to Pac.

It's an F'ing ******ed cycle.
                      I agree with everything you posted. I have never looked to ESPN for boxing "news" nor do I care what "they" have to say though (in fact I hardly ever watch ESPN). To me, its no different than listening to Dana White talk about boxing or any boxing expert not affiliated with MMA, talk about MMA.

I only highlight this "new" guy because I felt he wrote what the general public and other fighters feel on the subject. I don't think he was saying Floyd did anything wrong and gave names to back why he feels that way. Presenting similarities with other sports is only natural. Doesn't make it correct but it did make sense even if doesn't have any sense or creditability to the situation Mayweather was in.

The way I see it though, as of late 1 guy is fighting WW Champions back to back and the other hasn't faced one creditable opponent since catching Cotto at 145. Nobody has room to bash Floyd for anything less than not making a fight with Pac. On the other hand there is plenty to talk about when it comes to Pac outside of not making a fight with Floyd.

But hey, that's just me and what I think. Most disagree because I'm a fan of Mayweather. Little do they know, I'm a fan of Pac's but have been disappointed since 2009. I was just as disappointed with Pac as I was for Mayweather fighting JMM in 2009. Floyd has redeemed himself on every level. Pac has yet to.

Love it or hate it, Floyd highlighted boxing and it wasn't in any way bad for the sport. Even on the opposite end of the spectrum, MMA was even talking about boxing. I was more disappointed with HBO than anything and I have ALWAYS been pro-HBO.
                      Last edited by WESS; 09-27-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X