No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Faces Ronald Hearns on Sept. 17 in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Faces Ronald Hearns on Sept. 17 in Mexico

Culiacan, Sinaloa - On September 17, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will make the first defense of his WBC middleweight championship against contender Ronald Hearns, and the fight will be held at Palenque de Culiacán in Sinaloa and televised by TV Azteca. Chavez Jr. (43-0-1, 30 KOs) and Hearns (26-2-0, 20 KOs) have Hall of Fame fathers, but want to prove themselves in next month's fight. Chavez is also scheduled to fight on November 19th in Texas against Peter Manfredo Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

well its good hes staying active.

Comment

i hope chavez wins this fight...it must be tough for him since he never had an amateur career ...at least he won his title to an actual top level fighter in a very close fight...not like canelo that fights old 147 pounders

Comment

its hearns be serious your not confident at all if you think he has a chance to lose to hearns lol i know chavez is a bum but he will beat hearns thats why he wants to fight him badly

Comment

Being a WBC champ is pretty sweet when you're a Chavez.

You get to fight Sebastian Zbik to become champ and circumvent Sergio Martinez who was the real champion at the time.

You get to fight Ronald Hearns as a title defense, and then Peter Manfredo Jr.

Boxing is some sport.

Comment

hearns??lol,he just got knocked out and gets yet another title shot?

Comment

I guess I was right on time with my signature picture change lol

Comment

I personally think Jr. is a fraud and being protective but I can see why some people would think it's a legit fight for him. Hearns did beat Andrade who I consider a decent fighter.

Comment

hes fighting a guy his own size unlike alvarez

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    I personally think Jr. is a fraud and being protective but I can see why some people would think it's a legit fight for him. Hearns did beat Andrade who I consider a decent fighter.
                    Hearns never beat Andrade. You're thinking of Aaron Pryor Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X