Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the forearm size have anything to do with punching power??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the forearm size have anything to do with punching power??

Does the forearm have anything to do with punching power??

like maybe for short punches or something?

well the strength of your wrist improves punching not necessiarly the size. like if you punch some one and your wrist folds....well since your not trying to fold your wrist it requires alot of force to make it fold and alot of force is lost from your punch. grip srength and wrist strength has to do with punching to a point but most the time size has little to do with anything in boxing.

Comment

i think body type in total has to do with what punches would favour you. tommy hearn's long thin arms and frame gave him a great right hand to the head, while ricky hattons short stout frame gave him some nasty close range body shots. its overall physics that account for the power rather than how big particular muscles are. orthough i think training the forarms might stiffen the shot on impact, diggin a bit harder and also prevent from wrist injury.

Comment

I was thinking of buying these .

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
          I was thinking of buying these .
          among the things tunney did specifically to improve himself for the dempsey match strengthening his wrists was one of them using hand grippers amongst other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shen View Post
            among the things tunney did specifically to improve himself for the dempsey match strengthening his wrists was one of them using hand grippers amongst other things.
            Yep I do fingertip-pushups as well as grippers . It helps punch harder and more accurate

Comment

my left hand is broken... i wish i shoulda focus on strengthening it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Witch_King View Post
                my left hand is broken... i wish i shoulda focus on strengthening it before.
                I'm going to work on more grip strength to avoid hand injuries infact because my gloves are starting to wear down a bit .Thank's for heads up .

Comment

Last edited by LilFloyd; 01-22-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Eh....I don't really ever train my hands specifically. Punching power ain't about forearm size, it's from the back, hips and legs ie: technique.

Comment

Working...
                    X