Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly does Reem bring to the fight that Hunt wouldn't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
    Overeem has a very dangerous standing Guillotine choke. He has probably the most powerful clinch knees in the game, both to the body and the head. He has excellent low kicks that he uses well when he's measuring his opponents. His body kicks are brutal as well. And despite his added size, he is still a very good grappler with good submission skills and top control.

Mark Hunt has NONE of that stuff I described above. He tries to keep the fight standing and uses decent, powerful boxing, with occasionally very sloppy moments.

I'm just wondering have you really compared their fighting styles from today? Overeem is so much better and well rounded it's crazy.
    I don't know about "very good grappler", but I agree that his grappling is better than Hunt's. I don't think we're going to see much grappling in this fight though. I think JDS uses his boxing to pick them apart. The only difference being Hunt would last longer than Overeem...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      I don't know about "very good grappler", but I agree that his grappling is better than Hunt's. I don't think we're going to see much grappling in this fight though. I think JDS uses his boxing to pick them apart. The only difference being Hunt would last longer than Overeem...
      If Overeem ends up fighting I'll throw 5mil on him

Comment

Maybe no grappling but I think Overeem would go for the Thai clinch up close. Also forgot to mention, he has awesome trips from the clinch. He could throw JDS a few times but I think he'd scramble back up to his feet immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
          If Overeem ends up fighting I'll throw 5mil on him
          I don't like betting against fighters I like. I'm not trying to diss the Reem I'm just curious why people where hating on Hunt....

Comment

Also, JDS could probably take Hunt down, he's not taking Overeem down.

Comment

reem sub hunt in secons..

Comment

Hunt was k1 champ what 7 to 8 years ago now??

It wasn't recent anyway.. He has aged

He went on 6 or 7 losing streak? Until fairly recently.. Till he started Beating on very low end fighters. He had a decent win over Kongo but Kongo is a gatekeeper at best.

Basically I see no evidence to suggest that hunt is anything near his k1/early pride form or ability..

Overeem on the other hand has been destroying everyone.. Is bigger.. Stronger.. Longer.. Very good subs.. And isn't a fish out of water on the ground..

Jds is a brown belt under the nogierias.. If he got in any trouble standing vs hint he could take it down and sub hunt

Comment

Just a question, other than earning his title shot by beating Brock, what does Reem do different than Hunt? Besides get KOed more often? Both are K-1 GP champs, both have powerful punches and kicks. Why does everyone think that Hunt would be brutally Koed but Reem has a chance?
                  your title suggest something diffrent then your post.

Reem brings PPV buys to the fight that hunt wouldnt.

as far as why every one thinks hunt would get koed and reem wouldnt or what reem would do diffrent then hunt, I dont know, im not a big fan of mma and had no idea who hunt was untill some one made a thread a few days ago about joe rogan supporting hunt, so i googled him.

really though hunt vs jds would be like Tua fighting haye. its a mismatch of ages, atleast reems only 4 years older then JDS, not 10.

Comment

If Hunt got the shot I would have been War Hunt all day, but Overeem os the superior MMA fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X