Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adamek one of the best wins on Vitali's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say definitely.

Comment

It says a lot about the quality (or lack thereof) of that resume, then. Doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Adamek was an accomplished cruiser and had a dominant win over Arreola.
        Dominant? Arreola was bouncing him around the ring with every punch. I had Arreola winning that fight close, and if the big man hadn't injured his right hand or arm or whatever with 3 rounds to go, I think Adamek was probably going to get stopped. Not to nitpick, but yeah...anything but dominant.

That being said, I think Vitali has beaten 3 legitimate top 3 contenders, and they are Peter, Adamek, and Sanders. So from the perspective of the opponent's accomplishment level, clearly I think he's got to be one of the top 3. But I think in terms of actual subjective quality of the opponent...probably not. Adamek only got to the point of being ranked that high by cherry picking his opponents. By the time he fought Vitali, Adamek's abilities as a heavyweight probably were barely top-10 level, in my opinion.

Comment

I think Vitali's best win was against Lewis.

Comment

Lennox TKO 6. Remember?

Comment

I remember many people saying Adamek would be the guy to solve the Klitschko riddle. To just get in there and let the hands go because that's supposedly what everyone else failed to do. And, once again, that myth was dispelled. What a brutal beating that was. Vitali looked like he wasn't even enjoying it.

Comment

Nobody else has even looked like stopping Adamek in his 50 fight career, so of course it's a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  It says a lot about the quality (or lack thereof) of that resume, then. Doesn't it?
                  Not everyone suddenly has miracle peformances at 39 like the man in your avatar.

Comment

??

Are you suggesting that 40 year old Vitali was on PEDs? I know he has a history of steroid use but he wouldn't need them to beat Adamek.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                      Peter beat Toney twice. Rahman, who beat Lewis, couldn't beat Toney. I'm not inferring that Vitali is better than Lewis; I'm just trying to put things in perspective.

I haven't seen the Cunningham fight, but after his fight with Chambers and now this, I think it is fair to say Adamek is done. This shouldn't be shocking. Many fighters are done by age 36. Although Adamek was 34 or 35 when he fought Vitali, I still think it is 1 of Vitali's biggest wins because VK was 40 at the time.
                      The first fight with Toney-Peter was a disgusting robbery (I think atlas was at that fight going crazy lol), he won the 2nd fight convincingly though. Toney boxed beautifully that first fight and made him really look amateurish.

Didn't see the Rahman fight but someone said Rahman won, so idk about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X