No announcement yet.

Arkham city was a letdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    By ' focused ' you mean rigid and lacking in choice? Where a path has been set for you and you must adhere to it.

That's what I don't like about AA.

It's boring, it has to be down in a certain sequence where as with City you can do whatever you want, whenever you want and it doesn't hinder game progression. Nothing really changes between AA & AC apart from you're given more freedom of choice, AA has that aura though as it was the first in the series.
    A linear path is sometimes better, hence why those "choose your own adventure" books are ****ing gash.

There are times it goes too far, but in telling a quality story i think Arkham Asylum did the better job, it had enough choice and mixed it up enough to not get boring.

Comment

AA was a good game but frustrating for me.. constantly having to go back on yourself... i thought it was solid.. especially for a Movie/comic type game..

Deserves an 7 or 8 in my book.. the last boss fight was pretty underwhelming..

I did like the scarecrow bits but they were frustrating at times also... scared the **** out of me when it first happened in the mortuary with all the dead bodies

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Having played through and beaten both games twice - I think you're smoking crack. 'Arkham City' gives you everything that 'Arkham Asylum' gave you and then some. The environments are bigger, the gadgets better and more useful, the combat improved (double and triple counters), etc...

The only thing about 'Arkham City' I found disappointing was the fact that it wasn't nearly challenging enough, even on New Game Plus with the difficulty ramped up dramatically, enemies being better armed, and the counter icons being taken away I found it to be no challenge whatsoever.

Same goes for the 'Riddler's Revenge' predator, combat, and campaign challenges. The combat challenges being the worst, I often found myself getting double, even triple the score needed for a gold medal.
        This right there. Arkahm City is the best batman game ever made so far.No contest.Cant wait for the next one.

Comment

Working...
        X