Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if everybody in america just said **** you and didnt vote?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If everyone chose to not vote they would be forced to by law.

Comment

Ive never voted and never will. I support freedom. Why should I vote in an attempt to elect a leader? Someone to dictate my level of freedom?

Its very contradictory the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        The electoral college takes into account population of a state. So if you get the most votes in Texas, you get a lot of votes in the electoral college, because the population of Texas means they represent a larger sample size of what the people want than say, Rhode Island. Pretty much the same way certain states get more Congressman because of their population.

I understand the basic reasoning, but it should not mean more than the popular vote. So yeah, Gore was screwed, not only because of the shady sh** in Florida but because he won the popular vote, but had less votes in the electoral college because Bush won enough big states to render the popular vote irrelevant.
        Please get your facts strait before running your mouth.

Yes Gore won the popular vote, but that was primarily because he had the overwelming majorities in the 2 most populous states (California, New York) and due to the variances in how electoral votes are credited (some states give all votes to popular majority while some try to be more representative and pro-rate the votes) not every vote in the population truly counts. This is not a Democracy, it is a Representative Democracy, you should read up on it more.

Florida bs is just that, bs. The major conspiracies were laid to rest after 1. post-election studes have shown that the re-counts still had Bush winning the state and 2. the "floating ballots" were actually counted (unofficially of course) and were mainly from overseas military personnel, and they too were in favor of Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          i agree & its the same in my ironworker union when we vote on leaders & contracts.the guys who are in the contractors pockets get the jobs...even if 90% said no it will still be a "yes"at 54%...if the people unite against the 5% you talk about that would be civil war...DO IT!
          A working class civil war would be so disorganized that it would not survive a month.

Comment

This would only make sense if our vote had some sort of impact.

Comment

They actually vote in ami-land? Wow, those are breaking news bro.

Comment

Don't vote myself. Following U.S. politics is just for entertainment value. Whatever happens, happens.

I'm sort of for Ron Paul but have no stake or emotional attachment to the outcome, like some of his pissy supporters, who will tear up if he does & especially does NOT get nominated, yet alone elected. In 2008 I was mildly in favor of Obama - but merely for the entertainment value of a Black Man taking residence in the White House, and all the stuck-up whites in the South & Bible Belt getting their panties in a twist about it.

Just enjoying the Entertainment of the Left-Right Chaos that the Media thrives on, and people buy into. I sort of agree with this general sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  Don't vote myself. Following U.S. politics is just for entertainment value. Whatever happens, happens.

I'm sort of for Ron Paul but have no stake or emotional attachment to the outcome, like some of his pissy supporters, who will tear up if he does & especially does NOT get nominated, yet alone elected. In 2008 I was mildly in favor of Obama - but merely for the entertainment value of a Black Man taking residence in the White House, and all the stuck-up whites in the South & Bible Belt getting their panties in a twist about it.

Just enjoying the Entertainment of the Left-Right Chaos that the Media thrives on, and people buy into. I sort of agree with this general sentiment.

Love the Carlin and love that video. Props.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                    The people voting is only an illusion...the elite agenda is far more important than yours or mine, therefore, they choose the president behind closed doors. Now the truth is that strength in numbers is the only power that we, as the 95% minority, have over the elite 5%. The problem with that is that it is the most unstable form of power. Imagine all of the working class unites against the ruling elite, then ask yourself if the working class has the composure to effectively unite and intelligently hold their ground against the top 5% and their power.
                    That's what I'm saying we gotta stop settling for the dumbass governments be and use our numbers against them. It don't have to be violent but still get them scared into actually filling doing.something for.once. however I see bloody riots on the horizon with these protedtd all over America.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                      That's what I'm saying we gotta stop settling for the dumbass governments be and use our numbers against them. It don't have to be violent but still get them scared into actually filling doing.something for.once. however I see bloody riots on the horizon with these protedtd all over America.
                      When you see massive protests break out into riots usually the individuals that start the mayhem are agents of the elite. Once the violence starts the mob follows suit, killing all hopes of changing anything for the better. In the process, the government deems massive gatherings dangerous to property and the public, which gives them another excuse to steal more of our freedoms.

Comment

Working...
                      X