Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler vs Stieglitz is The Target Fight, Says Sauerland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler vs Stieglitz is The Target Fight, Says Sauerland

Kalle Sauerland of promotional company Sauerland Event, says WBO super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz is the main target for Mikkel Kessler's next fight. Last week BoxingScene.com had posted a report which announced Kessler's approval as the mandatory challenger to Stieglizt's title. There had been some speculation on whether Kessler would face IBF champion Lucian Bute, but the Danish's star path has become very clear.

[Click Here To Read More]

This will be an entertaining fight for certain.

I hope they can do it soon, maybe in August, then perhaps we can have Kessler-Bute in early December.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

I hope they can do it soon, maybe in August, then perhaps we can have Kessler-Bute in early December.
      You don't think Stieglitz has a chance at all? He is over all pretty good even if not great at anything in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

There is a better chance of Pac-Mayweather and Gamboa-Lopez happening on a double bill than there is of Kessler and Bute facing off at any point.

Once Kessler has his belt the last thing he will do is risk it against Bute.

Kessler's return is nothing but a money grab by him. He's only taking the easiest fights and has no desire to face Bute.

The only way he ends up in a tough fight is if Froch beats Ward as he would likely be open to a rematch.

If Ward wins the Super 6 he is gonna fight Bute. He won't even consider a Kessler fight unless Kessler has beaten Bute.

Ward would probably move up before wasting his time fighting an opponent he already dominated and who did nothing to earn a rematch.

Comment

Decent second tune up before real dangers again. Disappointing overall if it doesn't lead to better.

Comment

Im not suprised. I didnt think Kessler looked very good at all in his comeback fight.

Comment

I expected Abraham targeting Sieglitz's belt,the bouth fighting in Germany and belonging
              to the same boxing club:Universum Sport Promotion,but it was Kessler who deals with
              Kessler first.Anyway,Stieglitz or Araham ,none of them don't deserve to wear WBO belt
              on their waist instead of Kessler.Let's do justice.All the belts will be shared to the best
              super middle weight boxers in this divizion properly.

Comment

Should be an easy win for Kessler then lets see what he does.
                Curious move though

Comment

Stieglitz is better then anybody Bute has fought Recently!

that is a pretty good match up though but Bute vs Kessler will happen eventually

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                    Stieglitz is better then anybody Bute has fought Recently!

that is a pretty good match up though but Bute vs Kessler will happen eventually
                    I sure as hell hope so,Bute needs to fight someone of note already..I really can't believe he is the num 3 SMW in the world..

Comment

Working...
                    X