"Crafty" old-school infighting tricks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inside fighting is a lost art unfortunately for the most part

Comment

Henry Armstrong wouldn't let his opponents get away from him, he just sticked to them and fired hooks off the inside

inside fighting is inside fighting, aside from the dirty stuff, I don't think there is that much crafty stuff to do, some fighters have it, others don't

I like the way Dempsey would crush a foe holding on to his right arm using his free left hand with hooks to the body and head

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Well Bernard Hopkins is known for sometimes using his head as a weapon and landing low blows when he knows the ref is out of position and won't see it. Holyfield has been accused of headbutting as well.
        I remember seeing a video where Hopkins talked about how he likes to hit his opponents hips/upper thigh to take away their legs when he's in close and the ref can't see

Comment

Interesting. Also, that reminds me, don't know if this is a trick or not, but remember hearing about Ali having trouble moving his hips after fights with Chuvalo and Frazier after all the hooks he took in those fights to the ribs and hips.

Comment

Working...
          X