No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez vs Gerald McClellan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    I dont know man, i got the feeling Serg would have rather just boxed but Williams puts so much pressure on u and its pressure form a tall fighter, that u almost have to stop and tradefrom time to time just so he dont run u out of the ring!

I agree and I disagree

I agree that in most fights Sergio would rather box but in this fight with the way P-Will throws so many punches and is so open to counter Sergio was going for the KO

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      I agree and I disagree

I agree that in most fights Sergio would rather box but in this fight with the way P-Will throws so many punches and is so open to counter Sergio was going for the KO
      Well it certainly worked out for him second time around anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Martinez is certainly not impossible to hit but he knows how to box and how to stay on the outside. Also Martinez was definitely looking to KO P-Will that doesn't mean he was standing still but he was willing to exchange all nightI don't think it is some blow out win,

McClellan would have his moments but I see Martinez winning 7 or 8 rounds he is the smarter fighter and would know how to steal rounds late.

He was forced to exchange and he tired from the result of that. I'm not going to argue with you about it because it's a fantasy fight that can't be proven one way or the other. With that said I still think McCllellan would win for the reasons I stated.

Comment

To be fair, this is a mismatch. Sergio spent most of his career fighting below 160, Gerald never did and he was always a big mw, later becoming a full fledged smw. But I still think Sergio could school him, yet if he got hit cleanly he would go down.

Comment

I think the G-man stops him late in the fight

Comment

McClellan by murder.

Some people are really overrating Martinez from one ko.

Comment

Working...
              X