No announcement yet.

Serious Question to UK fans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question to UK fans...

What in all reality makes you think that Froch fighting Ward in Nottingham or any other UK city would all of a sudden give him the slightest chance to win? He clearly got outclassed and outboxed in the first fight. I want to hear why would you guys think that Ward fighting Carl in his back yard would make a difference?
    I am one that wants Ward to go over to teh O2 arena and beat the sh it out of Frochy again! and in front of his countrymen jsut to shut them up, but come on guys you all are really really stretching if you think it will make a difference. Froch has his hands full with an immobile war torn past prime Kessler what makes you think he can handle a young, fast, prime boxer like Ward?

Thoughts Please ???

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    What in all reality makes you think that Froch fighting Ward in Nottingham or any other UK city would all of a sudden give him the slightest chance to win? He clearly got outclassed and outboxed in the first fight. I want to hear why would you guys think that Ward fighting Carl in his back yard would make a difference?
    I am one that wants Ward to go over to teh O2 arena and beat the sh it out of Frochy again! and in front of his countrymen jsut to shut them up, but come on guys you all are really really stretching if you think it will make a difference. Froch has his hands full with an immobile war torn past prime Kessler what makes you think he can handle a young, fast, prime boxer like Ward?

Thoughts Please ???
    It would be closer than last time, but with the same result. Ward UD

Comment

froch fighting ward the second time would be different , though frochs confidence is at an all-time high andre would still beat froch , froch hasn't changed his style and ward would just adapt again.as much as i love carl i have to tell it how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg View Post
        It would be closer than last time, but with the same result. Ward UD
        No, it wouldn't.

Froch hasn't improved jack **** since getting beaten by Ward. I expect an even more dominating performance by Ward.

Comment

The location wouldn't serve to make the fight any different. Froch Ward 2 would be a different fight. Whilst watching the first fight is useful into seeing the tools, the gameplan would be totally different and so it would be interesting to see just how well Froch can learn.

If Froch has taught us one thing, is to never count him out of anything. I'd heavily favour Ward to win, but i'd never ever count Froch out - he's just a warrior

Comment

hometown advantage it seems. They're ragging on Ward because he got a home-country decision or something and now they want Ward to come over for a better chance to win.
            Seems to be the case because after the Froch fight they're just ragging on Ward about not leaving the U.S

Comment

As a fan of Ward i want him to travel to Nottingham/UK and face Froch.

Fighting away does have an effect, the crowd, the unfamiliar climate, the judging, the referee, jet lag, everything. Ward seems to have the perfect temperament to do it and he should beat Froch in the UK, but until he does it is a small negative hanging over his otherwise impressive resume.

This is a win win situation for Ward. He gets to fight a fight which he knows he should win, probably gets the highest payday of his career, he expands his fanbase (maybe not much but still more than fighting in the Bay Area) and adds to his resume.

Don't see the issue personally?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                No, it wouldn't.

Froch hasn't improved jack **** since getting beaten by Ward. I expect an even more dominating performance by Ward.
                I think Froch is clever enough to execute a different gameplan. You should never count him out, even though theres a 99% chance of Ward winning again.

After all, he is Britain's best atm

Comment

tbh i just want the chance to see ward live. you can never count froch out because he never gives up but andre is a league above him

Comment

I don't think many Brits are even saying Froch would win a rematch.

He's earned a rematch though and it would be interesting to see if Froch makes any tactical/technical adjustments - he said he would have to do this to beat Ward. Also would be interesting to see how Ward would perform in a hostile environment.

Comment

Working...
                    X