Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Sr "I didn't overtrain Hatton for the Pacquiao fight, he overtrained himself!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion Roger could've trained Hatton and the outcome would be been the same. Ricky's style was all wrong for Pacquiao.

Comment

Wasn't an issue of overtraining, was an issue of a totally wrong gameplan versus a southpaw. Although he would've lost eventually regardless.

Comment

Hatton got KTFO by standing in front of Pacquiao throwing a jab. That's not how Hatton fights, if he fought his usual fight he wouldn't have been there for the punch to land.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Roger does that with Floyd Jr and it has worked pretty good so far.
          the pad work was mastered by the mayweathers at an early age for Floyd Jr.... this is why roger and floyd sr. are so limited with their training, they only know that "everyone don't know 5hit about boxing" but them... they're not teachers but drill sargeants if u ask me
          Last edited by RisAri0; 11-20-2012, 01:01 AM.

Comment

charlie z's daddy.

Comment

How could Crackhead Sr overtrain Hatton, he spent more time at taco bell than in training camp

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                Hatton got KTFO by standing in front of Pacquiao throwing a jab. That's not how Hatton fights, if he fought his usual fight he wouldn't have been there for the punch to land.
                Hatton was shot after Floyd , his mind was not the same and boxing is 90% a mental game !!

Why do you guys think they are the same force fight after fight , look at Hattons return fights lol he was a shadow of his best and was known to be playing hard with coke and alcohol , look at him at the weighin , look at the training , all of it , he looked like a waif with no zest .

Comment

As much as people are going to say "bias brit lulz stfu yore idal Hatton get smashed lulz"

Mayweather certainly didn't HELP matters training Hatton the way he did, we all seen him rocking up late for training with his donuts and trying to turn Hatton into his son, it was pretty silly, and obvious that Mayweather had no understanding of how to work to Hatton's strengths.

Bob Shannon will never get an ounce of the fame that Mayweather Sr has, but I guarentee you he gives Hatton a better training camp

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                    Yeah, cause he was too busy buying Taco Bell and showing up hours later, after Hatton had already trained. Ricky Hatton trained himself for that fight. Floyd "The Joke Coach" Mayweather.
                    This. Hatton trained himself because Sr didn't turn up on time, he turned up whenever he felt like it, utterly unprofessional.

Pacquiao's style was perfect for Hatton, his power was catching him on the way in and Ricky was just trying to recover when he actually got inside.

In saying that, Hatton said recently that a Super featherweight sparked him in the run up to the fight.

I tend to agree he wasn't the same fighter after the Mayweather/Cortez tag team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      This. Hatton trained himself because Sr didn't turn up on time, he turned up whenever he felt like it, utterly unprofessional.

Pacquiao's style was perfect for Hatton, his power was catching him on the way in and Ricky was just trying to recover when he actually got inside.

In saying that, Hatton said recently that a Super featherweight sparked him in the run up to the fight.

I tend to agree he wasn't the same fighter after the Mayweather/Cortez tag team.
                      Hatton's chin certainly wasn't there in the Pacquiao fight, i'm not sure if that was due to weight drain or not, his lifestyle had caught upto him big time, and he couldn't take a shot anymore, look at Dawson vs Ward recently, Dawson took power shots of Pascal all night without going down and suddenly Ward is dropping him left right and center.

I think Pac always would have won, but the two round blowout was a result of the best ever version of Pac meeting the worst ever version of Hatton

If you flip it around and had Hatton from the Tzsyu fight against Pac from the Bradley fight, I think Hatton would win that fight to be honest

of course, if you say this you get called a "bias brit" so nobody says it too often

Comment

Working...
                      X