No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Evander Holyfield Blocks The Sale of His Olympic Medal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Good, he deserves all of this. Maybe this will teach his kids not to have 30 kids who you cant support despite being in the top 1% of people who make millions a year.

Sad, if this dude had any common sense he woulda been rich, dude blew all his cash on stupid stuff and didnt invest any or prepare for his kids.

He deserves everything he got.
    Sounds like you really know him as a person because of his financial problems. Normal people with normal salaries also go through financial crisis. People from different nationalities, it doesn't matter how rich or poor you are. Obviously the richer you are, the bigger the problems.

Comment

Not arguing that Holyfield didn't do plenty of stupid ****, but it's sad to see a former great champion in a situation like this.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Last night I watched the ESPN "30 for 30" film "Broke". (Thanks to "Check Hooks" for the link.) While the documentary focused on former NFL players, they also touched on other sports stars. Holyfield was among those with the most outrageous lifestyles. His 54,000 sq. ft. (!) mansion included two bowling alleys. (Two bowling alleys? lol) He has (at least) eleven children from six different women.

Evander truly has an outsized appetite, and he's only beginning to suffer the consequences of his gluttony. But, while I agree that Holyfield has made his bed, there's no need to be quite so callous about his fate. He handled his fame and fortune stupidly, but he's far from being alone. A great preponderance of professional athletes go broke at a young age. Who's to say how many of us wouldn't do the same in their shoes?
        I wouldn't because i'm not fucking ******ed with a dumb ghetto mindset to be flashy and be "blinged out" with super mansions ,chains and have 100 children from 70 different babymommas.

it's easy to see who will end up broke and who won't. Guys like Andre Ward, Juan Manuel Marquez, W.Klitschko, Timmothy Bradley won't end up broke but guys like Adrien Broner, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao will.

Comment

Who are responsible for his situation? Holyfield, Don King, and that church pastor he gave all that money to in the early 2000's. Holyfield once spent $7 million on a roof for said church..I would like for anyone to show me a church with a $7 million dollar roof outside of vatican city. These Creflo A. Dollar types are worse than the promoters. Say what you want about Arum but I have yet to ever hear of a boxer in the last 20 years managed by Arum exclusively that's gone broke. Someone was talking about that 30 for 30 special, those are really well done. Check out the Klitschko's documentary on HBO GO..it shows you how low Don King will go to pull a fast one on people. Dude literally sat behind a piano that plays itself automatically and pretended he was playing the song...and of course one of the brothers caught on.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            I wouldn't because i'm not fucking ******ed with a dumb ghetto mindset to be flashy and be "blinged out" with super mansions ,chains and have 100 children from 70 different babymommas.

it's easy to see who will end up broke and who won't. Guys like Andre Ward, Juan Manuel Marquez, W.Klitschko, Timmothy Bradley won't end up broke but guys like Adrien Broner, Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao will.
            Mistake number one. If you think it can't happen to you, there's a much better chance it will. Humility will serve you well.

I've lived my life pretty responsibly, but I'm old enough and experienced enough to know that you can't truly understand another person's experience until you've lived it. 99.99% of humanity haven't had the privilege to make hundreds of millions of dollars and to be idolized by millions. Who's to say how well you'd handle it if you were in that miniscule minority? There's no doubt that some athletes have handled fame and fortune well. But, from what I've seen, they're greatly outnumbered by those that haven't.

Comment

reading these comments are sad ! Mr Holyfield is not asking for any sympathy or pity, he is a born fighter, just like he is fighting for his belongings.If the media / news or whatever medium was not all in his business, none of us would know about the financial crisis he is in. The thing with money is, its yours and you can spend it however you like - who is anyone to judge this man, i do not see him asking for shyt but the belongings he earned while fighting for 2 faced fans that seem to get off on kicking legends(boxing legends for this situation) when they are down. Sometimes just read the article and keep the venom to yourselves - this man is a fighter and will die one - wether he is broke or blessed. But to read some of these comments, i had to reply! Holyfield at least was able to buy what he wanted, and live how he wanted while his finances where good - But I have yet to see this man cry about his situation, ask for a hand out, or anything - so step off....

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                reading these comments are sad ! Mr Holyfield is not asking for any sympathy or pity, he is a born fighter, just like he is fighting for his belongings.If the media / news or whatever medium was not all in his business, none of us would know about the financial crisis he is in. The thing with money is, its yours and you can spend it however you like - who is anyone to judge this man, i do not see him asking for shyt but the belongings he earned while fighting for 2 faced fans that seem to get off on kicking legends(boxing legends for this situation) when they are down. Sometimes just read the article and keep the venom to yourselves - this man is a fighter and will die one - wether he is broke or blessed. But to read some of these comments, i had to reply! Holyfield at least was able to buy what he wanted, and live how he wanted while his finances where good - But I have yet to see this man cry about his situation, ask for a hand out, or anything - so step off....
                Some of what you say is true, but it's not that simple. Holyfield has at least eleven kids from six different women. It can be argued that it's not fair to his children that Evander split his time and affections amongst all those people. All those kids are, in my opinion, a tribute to his (evidently) colossal ego. Disagree with me, if you will, on that point. But you can't argue that Holyfield can "spend his money how he likes" when he's been negligent in making payments to support all those children.

People don't like to see the wealthy squander their riches on frivolities. It's difficult to express in words, but there's a certain perversion at work there that's hard to overlook. I don't think most people envy Holyfield's former fame and fortune. They're just disgusted at the monumental waste. It leaves a stench.

Comment

you are ******ed you are always judging people and saying racist crap

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                    you are ******ed you are always judging people and saying racist crap
                    I'm ******ed because I don't buy into the Rims or popping bottles life style?
                    racism isn't a cop out for everything Larry. If that's what you find appealing fine, but to claim it isn't a ghetto mindset is ridiculous.

Comment

I'm ******ed because I don't buy into the Rims or popping bottles life style?
                      racism is a cop out for everything Larry. If that's what you find appealing fine, but to claim it isn't a ghetto mindset is ridiculous.
                      You have a racist mindset and thats no better than a ghetto mindset,instead of judging others,look at yourself in the mirror and focus on your flaws

Comment

Working...
                      X