Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins "Stop asking me about Chavez Jr. He aint nothing but a gimmick.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think prime for prime at 160, Martinez would have beaten Hopkins in a close one. B-Hop would have a hard time with Sergio's athleticism and movement.
    You're not crazy

Comment

I love how people point out that Hopkins has had trouble against quick fighters but forget to mention that Martinez has trouble against fighters who step back and counter...

Comment

A prime Hopkins would damn near shut Sergio out.

The fuck is this shyt NSB?

This dude spars a punching bag and now he can beat a Prime Hopkins?
        Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-20-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Call me crazy, but I think prime for prime at 160, Martinez would have beaten Hopkins in a close one. B-Hop would have a hard time with Sergio's athleticism and movement.
          I know what your saying and think your bang on.

Thets not forget Hopkins does have 6 losses, he shouldn't have this aura of invincibility Mayweather has on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            I love how people point out that Hopkins has had trouble against quick fighters but forget to mention that Martinez has trouble against fighters who step back and counter...
            Give me a name.

Comment

Leave it to Hopkins, to draw attention to himself...that's how he rolls. I must admit, it's done good for him in his career though.

Comment

i agree with his tweet post.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                  Give me a name.
                  I'll give you two : Barker and Macklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    I'll give you two : Barker and Macklin.
                    Martinez won virtually every round against Barker and knocked him out.

Also, Macklin isn't a counter puncher. He was purely more defensive minded than usual and raiding in attack. Once again though, Martinez was ahead on the cards and knocked him out.

The good, athletic fighters with speed being Jones (with a broken hand), Taylor, Dawson and Calzaghe all beat B-Hop...although Calzaghe shouldn't have.

Comment

Did Bernard Hopkins just say that Martinez fights just like Pavlik?

That their styles are similar?

Comment

Working...
                      X