No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Malignaggi Throws More, Broner Lands More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Malignaggi Throws More, Broner Lands More

Adrien Broner was more accurate and landed the harder punches, but never visibly hurt Paulie Malignaggi, who landed an avg. of 10 of 39 jabs per round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Are these the guys with clickers at ringside? Because honestly, no one is accurately tallying that fight without high-res and slow mo. Far too much going on and it was tough to see what really landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Are these the guys with clickers at ringside? Because honestly, no one is accurately tallying that fight without high-res and slow mo. Far too much going on and it was tough to see what really landed.
      just some dude with glasses and buttons

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

They rarely count body shots either.

Comment

if Broner has the stones to fight Matthyse we won't need these stats because Matty's gonna be throwing 1 punch and its going to be putting Boner on the floor.

Comment

I honestly believe that these numbers are wrong. Broner landing 47%? I saw him missing a lot of punches, especially when Paulie was against the ropes and used body movement to avoid Broner's punches.

Are they even counting Malignaggi body punches? I saw Paulie hitting Broner a lot to the body and I don't think they're counting all of those.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              I honestly believe that these numbers are wrong. Broner landing 47%? I saw him missing a lot of punches, especially when Paulie was against the ropes and used body movement to avoid Broner's punches.

Are they even counting Malignaggi body punches? I saw Paulie hitting Broner a lot to the body and I don't think they're counting all of those.
              which is why i felt malignaggi won the fight. i still haven't watched the replay but all i remember broner doing is talking for like 5 rounds straight and missing most of his punches.

Comment

No matter how distasteful Broner's personality may be, the kid seemed to me like he was taking a 12 rounder dress-rehearsal sparring with a pillow fisted fighter, in order to test himself for future more competitive bouts...

Comment

I put no stock in Compubox and I haven't rewatched the fight but I'd be willing to wager that these numbers are insanely off.

I mean take for example the first 4-5 rounds alone, as if Paulie wasn't already 150-200+ punches up

Broner fans will have you believe every shot Paulie threw was taken on the gloves & elbows though.

Comment

It looked like Paulie landed more body shots alone than Broner did total punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X