Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anderson Silva double standard....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anderson Silva double standard....

The fights between Silva/Maia and Silva/Leites where practically identical with the exception that Silva punked Maia in their bout. What I don't understand is why everyone jumped all over Leites' ****, blamed him, and he got kicked out of the UFC for there fight, and nobody is blaming Maia for basically doing the same thing?

Also there is a double standard with some of GSP's fans, they will ***** about Silva's not wanting to go to the ground but praise GSP's ground control of Hardy all day. I'm a bigger fan of GSP but come on now....

I also believe that he fights down to the level of his opposition. If you put someone in there with him that's afraid, and passive (Cote, Leites, Maia) this will keep on happening. But if you put aggresive fighters in there that will challenge him (Hendo,Forrest, Franklin, etc) he will OBLITERATE them....

Comment

Maybe cause it happened the second time and they are tired of seeing it from Silva and so are now attacking him.

It's fair to say that he gets bored easily. Even before the whole Cotes, Leites, Maia fights, he's been known to dance around in the ring and showboat. He feeds off of guys that can challenge him.

I'm pretty damn good at scrabble. I know when I play a really low ranking opponent that I really don't try that hard. I mean, why would I need to? I tend to have several close games against people I should be blowing out because I underestimate them and play uninspired against them.

The one bad thing about doing that and doing what silva is doing is that one day you may get caugh with a douglas/tyson type deal.

Comment

by the way, mad props of the gif. What was that, monkey style? lol Silva's great hahaha

Comment

Here is a picture of what Silva's dancing does to people...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            The fights between Silva/Maia and Silva/Leites where practically identical with the exception that Silva punked Maia in their bout. What I don't understand is why everyone jumped all over Leites' ****, blamed him, and he got kicked out of the UFC for there fight, and nobody is blaming Maia for basically doing the same thing?

Also there is a double standard with some of GSP's fans, they will ***** about Silva's not wanting to go to the ground but praise GSP's ground control of Hardy all day. I'm a bigger fan of GSP but come on now....
            are you failing to see the pattern here? Cote, Leites, Maia... all almost identically boring fights. are silva's opponents to blame in all 3 situations? c'mon.

GSP might be boring, but there are 3 big differences between GSP and Silva:
            1. GSP presses the fight 100% of the time. He is ALWAYS trying some kind of offensive maneuver. His fights are never in limbo.

2. he doesn't taunt or embarrass his opponents

3. He admits when he is boring. He doesn't arrogantly declare his victory as perfect or completely satisfactory like silva does.

this comparison between Silva and GSP is nonsense.
            Last edited by -Swizzy-; 04-10-2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              are you failing to see the pattern here? Cote, Leites, Maia... all almost identically boring fights. are silva's opponents to blame in all 3 situations? c'mon.

GSP might be boring, but there are 3 big differences between GSP and Silva: 1. GSP presses the fight 100% of the time. He is ALWAYS trying some kind of offensive maneuver. His fights are never in limbo.

3. He admits when he is boring. He doesn't arrogantly declare his victory as perfect or completely satisfactory like silva does.

1. I'd rather watch Silva dance than GSP Transition 100 times without throwing a strike. Both = Boring IMO.

2. This is why I like GSP more than Silva, but if Hardy wasn't embarrassed with his performance he should've been.

3. He caters to the crowd, he lets the meat heads get to him, Silva just don't give a ****....

All that being said I really hope they fight, I still pick GSP to win, Silva won't be able to shrug off GSP's takedowns like that...

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post

GSP might be boring, but there are 3 big differences between GSP and Silva: 1. GSP presses the fight 100% of the time. He is ALWAYS trying some kind of offensive maneuver. His fights are never in limbo.

Good post.

Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Here's the TRUE Top 3 p4p rankings:

1. Fedor
                2. GSP
                3. Silva

Comment

Its a rediculous double standard at that.

Silva is doing everything to get the opponent to fight him and they just don't fight. How can anyone legitimately defend a person who fucking flops on the ground for no fucking reason as if Silva is going to follow him there. Leitas and Maia both flopped on the ground doing dumbass ****. Cote on the other hand stood up but he didn't want to engage, the fucker feinted and tore his own ****, how sad do you have to be to beat yourself without throwing a punch?

I don't see how people can blame, hate, or diss Silva for his performances when the man has his hands down and just stands there like a statue and the other guy doesn't do a damn thing.

I also don't get how people are calling him a dirtbag or like Swizzy said, arrogant. When before this fight, everyone and their grandma would say Silva is one of the most humble guys in MMA. Just makes ZERO sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BUTE View Post
                    Good post.

Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Here's the TRUE Top 3 p4p rankings:

1. Fedor
                    2. GSP
                    3. Silva
                    I'd still like to see GSP move weights and have success like Silva does....

Comment

Working...
                    X