I'm not sold on Marquez....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sold on Marquez....

I don't know what it is...

Yes he will be in the hall of fame, I know that.

IMO, he's had it easy throughout his career other than the Pac fights.

I mean, his resume doesn't speak volumes, and probably will only be remembered cuz of the wars with pacquiao.

Maybe I have a little Bias because I think that Both Morales and Barrera beat the living dog shiat out of him in their prime. And i don't think that there's many people that would disagree with that.

The bias is not cuz I'm puerto rican, its bacause i don't think he can compare to Morales and Barrera to me.

He beat barrera....... / of thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      He beat barrera....... / of thread.
      here we go.... I thought u were better than this bro.

Thats like saying Garcia is better than Morales cuz he beat Morales lol, a shell of what he used to be. gtfoh.

was barrera even ANYWHERE CLOSE to his best?
      Last edited by figzuki; 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
        here we go.... I thought u were better than this bro.

Thats like saying Garcia is better than Morales cuz he beat Morales lol, a shell of what he used to be. gtfoh.

was barrera even ANYWHERE CLOSE to his best?
        Okay i was trolling. The thing is Marquez got better as he grew older. Is you put a 25 year old barrera versus a 34 year old marquez. I still think marquez wins. A prime morales im not sure it would be a toss up in my opinion.

Comment

IMO Juan Manuel would beat Morales or Barrera in their prime. I followed JMM career very closely and he was every bit as good as he is now. The thing is, back in those days when Morales, Barrera, and Marquez were in their prime, Morales and Barrera were too busy fighting each other. Nobody wanted to fight Marquez because everyone knew he was a very technical fighter, who sometimes was way too cautious and some might say boring.I still believe that with that style Marquez use to fight with, he would of beat both Barrera and Morales. Hell Marquez was Prince Hamed's mandatory for like three years and Hamed wanted none of Marquez. Like Cleto stated, Marquez has gotten better and more exciting as he has gotten older, while Barrera and Morales faded..

Comment

Morales and Barrera both ducked Marquez at 126...........Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              Okay i was trolling. The thing is Marquez got better as he grew older. Is you put a 25 year old barrera versus a 34 year old marquez. I still think marquez wins. A prime morales im not sure it would be a toss up in my opinion.
              hell no i completely disagree. HELL NO period.

I believe you are WAY too high on Marquez right now is what it is lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                IMO Juan Manuel would beat Morales or Barrera in their prime. I followed JMM career very closely and he was every bit as good as he is now. The thing is, back in those days when Morales, Barrera, and Marquez were in their prime, Morales and Barrera were too busy fighting each other. Nobody wanted to fight Marquez because everyone knew he was a very technical fighter, who sometimes was way too cautious and some might say boring.I still believe that with that style Marquez use to fight with, he would of beat both Barrera and Morales. Hell Marquez was Prince Hamed's mandatory for like three years and Hamed wanted none of Marquez. Like Cleto stated, Marquez has gotten better and more exciting as he has gotten older, while Barrera and Morales faded..
                probably because they threw caution to the wind instead of fighting like Marquez.

Marquez can't fight like that cuz of his chin. he has a good chin don't get me wrong, but it doesn't compare to bareera or morales imo.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                  Morales and Barrera both ducked Marquez at 126...........Fact.
                  Barrera vs Morales I, II, and II = **** ton of money
                  Barrera or Morales vs Marquez, would = chump change compared to barrera vs morales at the time.

And no those two didn't duck anybody, shame on u.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
                    I don't know what it is...

Yes he will be in the hall of fame, I know that.

IMO, he's had it easy throughout his career other than the Pac fights.

I mean, his resume doesn't speak volumes, and probably will only be remembered cuz of the wars with pacquiao.

Maybe I have a little Bias because I think that Both Morales and Barrera beat the living dog shiat out of him in their prime. And i don't think that there's many people that would disagree with that.

The bias is not cuz I'm puerto rican, its bacause i don't think he can compare to Morales and Barrera to me.
                    figzuki, you are one of the best posters in this place. I really like talking boxing with you because you know you're stuff but you are dead wrong on this one.

Take it from a former fighter and a current pro trainer now, JMM is a legend and is everything they say he is and more.

You have to realize one thing, fighters develop differently than other fighters. JMM early on wasn't as good as Barrera or Morales, I agree with that. Barrera started as a brawler and Morales with his physical ability was seen as a freak.

JMM was more of a counter puncher with power but hadn't seen the level of either one of those guys. What he's accomplished in the later part of his career is amazing though.

He's gotten better and perfected his craft late into his 30's. His counter punching is AMAZING. His timing is ridiculous, he's IMO the smartest fighter in the ring currently and up there all time.

I used to put Barrera, Morales then JMM in ranking, in that order. Now I have to say it's JMM, Morales and then Barrera because you have to take their entire career and JMM has just blown past them later on.

Comment

Working...
                    X