No announcement yet.

Rewatched Balboa vs Drago, never seen Drago so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
    People seem to forget that it was Drago first professional fight and that he was up on the scorecards. I dont understand russian but I think he said something about he injuring his left shoulder. Rocky went into retirement and never gave him the rematch. He knew Drago was coming for him.
    That's the best Russian heavyweights can do, losing by knockout to over the hill greats and pretending that means something.

Comment

Rocky had to be cheating cause every time Drago landed on him Rocky would fly to the ropes, you telling me he was able to survive 1850-2150psi of a punch on his face

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
        Rocky had to be cheating cause every time Drago landed on him Rocky would fly to the ropes, you telling me he was able to survive 1850-2150psi of a punch on his face
        Valid point, never thought about that

Comment

Comment

Drago's staredown reminds a little of the Klitschkos.

Comment

I'm surprised no one is even bringing up the damn ref in that fight. I mean Drago had knocked down Balboa at least twice in that match and the ref didn't even bother counting. He would just let Balboa stand up and let him continue fighting. No standing 8 count or anything. No point deductions either after Balboa slammed Drago on the ground. A real ref would have had Balboa losing by TKO if anything.

Comment

This proves that a boxers workout is the best workout ever!

Stallone at 66 years of age

Comment

one thing about the soviet union's refs, they don't do early stoppages. rocky got floored like 8 times during the fight and sometimes he would get up without a count and get floored again. same can be said about american exhibition refs. r.i.p. apollo.

Comment

The corner did a horrible job in that fight. They shoulda stopped it when Rock said he was seeing 3 of him out there, Instead they just tell him to hit the one in the middle pfffft.... that's how fighters get permanently damaged.

Comment

Working...
                    X