No announcement yet.

LOTR star rips Bible verses from book

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    That to me is so stupid. It's like this story I saw on tv the other day. About this gay Pastor of a church.

That's like being a member of PETA and working in a slaughter house. I mean if you don't like the fact that Christians, Jews or Muslims don't believe in ****sexuality, then don't become a Muslim, Christian or Jew..........LOL

You can't just take the part of Christianity you want, like it's pick or choose.

Man, some people are just ignorant.

In his specific case, he has the right to be angry that Christianity believes this but at the same time, isn't ripping or tearing a believers holy book, just as bad as being against ****sexuality?

He's doing the same thing that he is angry about...

Kind of like people who are Christians but completly ignore that "everyone is equal in the eyes of God?"

Comment

Christians aren't banning people from being gay. They just don't believe in it and think it's a sin.

In a democracy, it's the majority that vote on things. So there are more than just Christians voting against Gay marriage. Even though more and more states will vote the other way IMO and that's ok too.
      Not accurate. The Christian view on ****sexuality has been adjusted. Now, being gay is not a sin, but acting on those ****sexual urges IS a sin.

If you do act on those urges, you cannot go to heaven. However, God is supposed to forgive all sins if you accept Jesus as your savior. So if they ask for forgiveness they should be able to get into heaven...

Comment

Gandalf is gay?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Christians aren't banning people from being gay. They just don't believe in it and think it's a sin.

In a democracy, it's the majority that vote on things. So there are more than just Christians voting against Gay marriage. Even though more and more states will vote the other way IMO and that's ok too.
          Just an fyi, ****sexuality happens to be rampant amony male clergy in the Roman Catholic church.
          My neighbors son is gay and he has a 23 year old friend who is "dating" a 50+ year old priest who used to work at the church I attended. According to him this is completly common.

Comment

In his specific case, he has the right to be angry that Christianity believes this but at the same time, isn't ripping or tearing a believers holy book, just as bad as being against ****sexuality?
            Absolutely not. Ripping a couple of pages of a book is not even in the same league as the systematic institutionalised persecution of minorities.

And Tunney is a self declared liar and a closet case. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
              Kind of like people who are Christians but completly ignore that "everyone is equal in the eyes of God?"
              Wow, where to start. first off, everyone is equal in the eyes of God but sinning is not acceptable by God. You do understand the difference?

Not accurate. The Christian view on ****sexuality has been adjusted. Now, being gay is not a sin, but acting on those ****sexual urges IS a sin.

If you do act on those urges, you cannot go to heaven. However, God is supposed to forgive all sins if you accept Jesus as your savior. So if they ask for forgiveness they should be able to get into heaven...
              Christian view has never been "adjusted"......lol ****sexuality according to the Bible is a sin. In the Bible it's very clear that "acting" or "thinking" on things like this is the same. For example, thinking about having sex with another persons wife or while married is committing adultery. "Thinking" it is a sin as well, you can't just not act on it. Purity is never achieved but the mental aspect of it is as important if not more important than the physical aspect.

Just an fyi, ****sexuality happens to be rampant amony male clergy in the Roman Catholic church.
              My neighbors son is gay and he has a 23 year old friend who is "dating" a 50+ year old priest who used to work at the church I attended. According to him this is completly common.
              Because there are gay, child molesting priests, doesn't mean Christianity condones this or it's ok according to the Bible, so I'm not so sure why you are bringing this up.

There are a lot of child molesting teachers, is that a reflection of every teacher as well?

Comment

The fact that social attitudes change over time while religious ones remain largely static is evidence that morality does NOT come from any god, it comes from society.

But what would I know, I'm just an atheist with no invisible sky-daddy to frighten me into not murdering and raping.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
                  How did I know squealpiggy would be posting in this thread when I first saw it?

Squealpiggy's favorite activity :smileysex is considered an "abomination" in the Christian Bible and Jewish Torah - that's why he hates Christians and religious Jews so much.
                  I don't hate christians or religious jews. I do however hate bigots.

Tunney you don't count as a bigot because you are an obvious closet case and I think you're just struggling with your true identity.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    The fact that social attitudes change over time while religious ones remain largely static is evidence that morality does NOT come from any god, it comes from society.

But what would I know, I'm just an atheist with no invisible sky-daddy to frighten me into not murdering and raping.
                    This always deteriorates to whether God exists with you doesn't it......**yawn**

Comment

Wow, where to start. first off, everyone is equal in the eyes of God but sinning is not acceptable by God. You do understand the difference?

Christian view has never been "adjusted"......lol ****sexuality according to the Bible is a sin. In the Bible it's very clear that "acting" or "thinking" on things like this is the same. For example, thinking about having sex with another persons wife or while married is committing adultery. "Thinking" it is a sin as well, you can't just not act on it. Purity is never achieved but the mental aspect of it is as important if not more important than the physical aspect.

Because there are gay, child molesting priests, doesn't mean Christianity condones this or it's ok according to the Bible, so I'm not so sure why you are bringing this up.

There are a lot of child molesting teachers, is that a reflection of every teacher as well?
                      Wrong, the Catholic church has adjusted their view on ****sexuality. It is not a sin to have ****sexual thoughts, it is a sin to act on those thoughts. I asked my priest some time ago and he confirmed that.

Also, sinning is acceped by God, as all man is guilty of ORIGINAL SIN. In addition, asking for forgiveness for your sins absolves you of those sins.

Comment

Working...
                      X