Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@ WW, JMM vs. Cotto, who wins? Both prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto doesn't fight like Pacquaio at all, JMM isn't fast like Pac or Floyd to bother Cotto like that, and despite yesterday, doesn't hit hard enough and doesn't pressure enough like Margarito or Pac to bother Cotto. I'd say its an 8-4 type of fight, and honestly wouldn't mind seeing it next

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
      It's hard to say because Cotto doesn't have the speed to attack as often as Manny, and therefore doesn't risk as much offensively. I don't think Marquez would be able to do much if he tried walking Cotto down because of his counter punching style. Also, Cotto was a bigger puncher at WW regardless of what happened last night.

Although Marquez is a better fighter than Cotto(in terms of skills and resume), I think the style of this fight may favour Miguel, but you never really know until they're in the ring.....
      You took the words right out of my brain. This is exactly what I think. JMM is better than Cotto but, stylewise, I think I would favor Cotto. At 147, Cotto was really strong, big, and aggressive and I think those attributes would slightly favor him over JMM. I could be wrong though but that's what I see.

Comment

I still see Cotto winning. To beat Cotto you really have to make him work and Marquez fights at such a relaxing pace due to him being a counterpuncher. I just don't see Marquez pushing Cotto back.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
          You took the words right out of my brain. This is exactly what I think. JMM is better than Cotto but, stylewise, I think I would favor Cotto. At 147, Cotto was really strong, big, and aggressive and I think those attributes would slightly favor him over JMM. I could be wrong though but that's what I see.
          Style wise I strongly believe that Marquez would outbox cotto in a war that eventually would have cotto boxing circles or Marquez stopping him

Comment

Originally posted by dontrunfight View Post
            Style wise I strongly believe that Marquez would outbox cotto in a war that eventually would have cotto boxing circles or Marquez stopping him
            I don't share that view but you have the right to think that. Maybe Cotto imposes his strength or maybe JMM wins on points. I don't see JMM stopping Cotto though.

Comment

Originally posted by dontrunfight View Post
              Where does Marquez get this sudden power to stop Cotto?

This is as much madness as those saying Gamboa can beat Broner

Can Marquez get a SD/UD against Cotto? Sure, he's an amazing fighter. Do I think he could? No, his style just favors Cotto. But Marquez getting a KO win? Geez you guys. Only one person in this fantasy fight has a chance to get KOd and it isn't Cotto. And NO, I do not think JMM would lose via TKO/KO.

Comment

Working...
              X