No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Quigg vs Munroe is Booked For June 16th in Manchester

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Quigg vs Munroe is Booked For June 16th in Manchester

THE WBA ‘interim’ super-bantamweight title clash between Scott Quigg and Rendall Munroe will take place at Manchester Velodrome on Saturday 16th June.

[Click Here To Read More]

Is Munroe past his best? I haven't seen much of him since he lost to Nishioka. He gave a decent account of himself in that fight, if he shows up in that form, he beats Quigg.

What is the fuss about Quigg? Ive never understood it, Frampton would easily beat him too.

Comment

Munroe's not past his best, he still has enough to challenge some contenders at Super Bantam. I don't understand why Munroe-Quigg is happening now, another loss would be a big blow for Munroe.

It's a great fight for Quigg though.

Comment

I doubt Frampton ' easily ' beats Quigg either. Quigg is open though and susceptible to big shots but if he can box and keep Frampton on the outside he can win on points.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
          I doubt Frampton ' easily ' beats Quigg either. Quigg is open though and susceptible to big shots but if he can box and keep Frampton on the outside he can win on points.
          Seen both fighting from the start and Frampton is every king of wrong for Quigg.
          Scott is a very very stupid individual that has a big belief in his vastly overrated skill set, Frampton beats him before they get in the ring he is a smart young lad with superior boxing ability which will nullifies the height and reach (all quigg has got)

Comment

also JGs Gym Breed face first defenceless fighters who struggle when the step up comes.

to go anything past EU level you have to get out of JG's Gym.

Comment

Originally posted by alfredperami View Post
              Seen both fighting from the start and Frampton is every king of wrong for Quigg.
              Scott is a very very stupid individual that has a big belief in his vastly overrated skill set, Frampton beats him before they get in the ring he is a smart young lad with superior boxing ability which will nullifies the height and reach (all quigg has got)
              Frampton's had 150 amateur bouts and has 13 as a professional.
              Quigg had 12 amateur fights and has 24 as a professional.

Quigg has a lot more than just height and reach. Frampton hasn't really looked that impressive, Turley managed to frustrate at times in their fight. Frampton is the better boxer, I agree.

We'll have to see what is next for Frampton and how well Quigg does against Munroe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                I was under the impression that Frampton was the only one out of the two that can actually box

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  I was under the impression that Frampton was the only one out of the two that can actually box
                  Quigg can box, it's whether or not he does so and sticks to it. He tends to neglect the jab and walk in with his hands up and just let his hands go. Albeit, he does have a good punch variety and throws well to the head and body.

If he gets past Munroe the Frampton fight won't happen. Where he goes after Munroe is the big question, SBW is a stacked division. He's not another John Murray though.

Comment

Quigg to beat Munroe on points.Should be a good fight though.

Comment

Working...
                    X