Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis?

Explain your experience(s) if any with Sleep Paralysis.

Sleep paralysis, also known as Old Hag, is a phenomenon that is known, to some extent, by all cultures throughout the world. Some people say attacking aliens are the cause of sleep paralysis, while others credit the "Devil" himself and/or his minions, and if not that, then the classic "old hag" who sits on an unsuspecting sleeping person's chest, and upon their waking realize they are powerless to move. For what ends a hag would do this are as varied as the cultures on the planet. Only the old hag does not always appear as a grotesque elderly matron. For more on the legends and lore of similar 'old hag' experiences, see the bottom part of this page.

Only in the last couple decades, and especially the last 10 or so years, have researchers begun to seriously study this bizarre happening. Nothing is as of yet in concrete, but we at least now have a solid place to begin. And I would like to further add, that although we may now have an explanation of the mechanics involved, it does not mean we know WHY or WHAT causes this strange phenomenon to occur, but only explains what is going on physically during an episode of sleep paralysis, or SP...

http://www.paranormalsocieties.com/a...-paralysis.cfm

I recount only one episode of SP as a teen. It happened in the middle of the night. Anyway, I remember laying on my side facing in the direction of my closet when this evil looking presence appeared to me. I believe my eyes were open as I viewed this thing. Of course I was in complete shock and was unable to move or scream. I was completely paralyzed. Being the Catholic that I am, I somehow willed my way to make the sign of the cross and this "evil-looking apparition" whether hallucinated or not completely went away and I've never had another experience like that ever since.

Now if SP can be scientifically explained away as just being an hallucination created by the human mind, then what would cause the "evil presence" I had experienced to immediately stop and go away after I had made the sign of the cross? Did something of the Divine nature save me? I really think so.

What's your story?

Yes

I've had dreams before

Comment

ive always heard them called Night Terrors

never experienced them though....just have really ****ed dreams

Comment

You were abducted by the greys , thats what happened.

Comment

ever since I was 7 ....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            ever since I was 7 ....
            You still have them?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
              You still have them?

yes....sleeping on my back triggers it

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Yes

I've had dreams before
                What were they like?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  yes....sleeping on my back triggers it
                  Explain your experience. Can you visualize the presence?

Comment

Until last year it only happened to me once, it was the day after a heavy drinking session and had no sleep. When i went to bed i must have dropped off straight away and then i woke up again but realised i couldnt move, i sensed there was someone else in the room but couldnt quite see them, then boom a shadow came toward me and i woke up. Then last year in the summer i must have had it around 4/5 times in space of 3 months. I saw things from horrible faces staring at me from inches away, to things floating around the room. Then once night a figure at the edge of my bed was standing there and i it felt like it was strangling me, i was a bit scared then so went to docs the next day. He told me how the sleep paralysis wasnt goin to hurt me and just try relaxing a bit more before bed. Anyway it happened a couple more times but when it did i dint panic and it ended near enough straight away.

Comment

Working...
                    X