No announcement yet.

Michael Katsidis Health/Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Katsidis Health/Retirement

Did anyone ever hear specifically what was wrong with him that he had to retire? I was just wondering and hope it isn't anything more serious than the normal wear and tear of boxing.

He hasn't confirmed it yet. Truly hope it's nothing that he can't recover from as long as he doesn't box.

Comment

Man that dude has had it rough recently. Haven't heard anything official though about his retirement

Comment

I was actually just looking into it last night and still nothing has officially be disclosed. I want to say I read somewhere that he was going to announce something at the event that he pulled out of.

Comment

he doesnt need to reveal his private health problems to anyone but its obvious

my guess is an MRI revealed brain scarring, most boxers, including active guys like Pacquiao probably have it, with varying degrees depending on the damage they sustained. once u damage your brain, it aint ever going to repair itself, it will only get worse with age

Kats really had no defense and was a bleeder, always taking the biggest shots to his head.

cant be good, but its a good decision to stop and prevent any further permanent damage

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
            he doesnt need to reveal his private health problems to anyone but its obvious

my guess is an MRI revealed brain scarring, most boxers, including active guys like Pacquiao probably have it, with varying degrees depending on the damage they sustained. once u damage your brain, it aint ever going to repair itself, it will only get worse with age

Kats really had no defense and was a bleeder, always taking the biggest shots to his head.

cant be good, but its a good decision to stop and prevent any further permanent damage
            I agree. The guy is a warrior who will fight anyone and not take a backwards step. Health has to come first, and hopefully he hasn't sustained serious damage.

He was very unlucky not to have held a full world title. I have never heard anyone say bad word against the guy. He sees to be tremendously respected in boxing and I wish him well.

Comment

Kats was a true warrior, hope the best for him. One of my favorites of this time, always wished he had more control over his career/opponents.

Comment

Working...
              X