Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson Livid: That Was a ***** Move By Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson Livid: That Was a ***** Move By Hopkins!

"The Boxing Lab," which is BoxingScene.com's official audio show, recently welcomed the new WBC light heavyweight champion, "Bad" Chad Dawson. The usually laid back Dawson spewed fire as he commented on Bernard Hopkins' actions in their fight from last Saturday night in Los Angeles. [Click Here To Read More]

That is the truth Dawson, exactly how I seen it!

Comment

Choad was already frustrated in 2 rounds, enough to pull a foul like that. If Choad truly believes he h ad the fight then why was he looking for a way out already. This will get overturned. Hopkins is still champion. Choad is just another faceless bum that tried and failed.

Comment

You are entitled to your own opinions but not entitled to your own facts.

Compubox doesn't lie. Dawson was punching thin air in the 2nd round. Hopkins was timing him. Chad was frustrated and didn't want to be bullied, and used an aggressive move that backfired in that it ended the fight controversially and will eventually be ruled a No Decision.

I would like to see a rematch. I think Hopkins has his number. 2 punches landed in round 2, 1 being a jab. I don't think Chad has the ring intelligence to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
          You are entitled to your own opinions but not entitled to your own facts.

Compubox doesn't lie. Dawson was punching thin air in the 2nd round. Hopkins was timing him. Chad was frustrated and didn't want to be bullied, and used an aggressive move that backfired in that it ended the fight controversially and will eventually be ruled a No Decision.

I would like to see a rematch. I think Hopkins has his number. 2 punches landed in round 2, 1 being a jab. I don't think Chad has the ring intelligence to adapt.
          Actually it does.

Compubox is two men counting missed and landed punches ringside, i personally wouldn't think that is very accurate.

Besides that point, your right. Dawson was clearly frustrated with Hopkins style in that round and resorted to a foul to vent his frustrations but it ended up ruining the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post
            Actually it does.

Compubox is two men counting missed and landed punches ringside, i personally wouldn't think that is very accurate.

Besides that point, your right. Dawson was clearly frustrated with Hopkins style in that round and resorted to a foul to vent his frustrations but it ended up ruining the fight.
            I find it funny that some Hopkins fans are mentioning Compubox yet a couple years ago they were slating it because of the Calzaghe - Hopkins fight.

Hopkins was able to stop Dawson land as many punches as he would have wanted but this was just one round.

I think Hopkins would have struggled with trying to dictate the pace of the fight for the full 12 rounds

Comment

I've seen fighters frustrated buy my Lord chad u mentally

gone in less than two rounds. Ya the shoulder shrug off is acceptable

if u don't cuff a mans legs so when he cones down they aren't underneath him.

Then chad flips out after the fight yelling and screaming at Bernard and the kellerman.

Chad was like a 10 year old bully who got caught at recess.

Chad landed 2 punches in round two why exactly was Bernard looking Fr a way out????

Everytime chad set his feet Bernard moved laterally and chad threw a combo

to himself. I guess after 5 mins of looking and feeling stupid he got mad.

People condemn Ortiz for losing his cool and fouling Fliyd but why is it ok for chad to FOUL and win a championship. ??????

What would people say if ORTIZ's headbutt wA ruled accidental

and Floyd was injured and couldn't continue and LOST???!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                I find it funny that some Hopkins fans are mentioning Compubox yet a couple years ago they were slating it because of the Calzaghe - Hopkins fight.

Hopkins was able to stop Dawson land as many punches as he would have wanted but this was just one round.

I think Hopkins would have struggled with trying to dictate the pace of the fight for the full 12 rounds
                Yeah i know. Some fans have short memories lol.

I never use Compubox for a fight, it's lame.

Hopkins wouldn't struggle if Dawson continued to fight at the pace he was fighting in the first two rounds. He was pressing the action but hardly throwing which is just how Hopkins likes it.

Hopkins is a slow starter, he would of upped the tempo after the 4th round.

I would like a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post
                  Yeah i know. Some fans have short memories lol.

I never use Compubox for a fight, it's lame.

Hopkins wouldn't struggle if Dawson continued to fight at the pace he was fighting in the first two rounds. He was pressing the action but hardly throwing which is just how Hopkins likes it.

Hopkins is a slow starter, he would of upped the tempo after the 4th round.

I would like a rematch.
                  U want to see a rematch. Man what's wrong with you people

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post

I back compubox in the Calzaghe fight too. Hopkins lost that fight fair and square (actually not fair and square - Hopkins acting buying time etc, but that wasn't in the victors favour so, fair and square, JC won) but it was a close one!

You may or may not be right about the pace of the fight. I think Hopkins has become more economical since the Calzaghe fight and tends to come on stronger down the stretch having conserved energy in the early rounds, but we may never know now since obviously Dawson wants nothing of a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X