No announcement yet.

James Kirkland and Victor Ortiz Shine on B.A.D. Stage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Kirkland and Victor Ortiz Shine on B.A.D. Stage

By Cliff Rold - An anticipated clash of proven power punchers turned into a showcase bout for one of the game’s most exciting young fighters at The Tank in San Jose, California on Saturday night. With constant pressure and sledge hammer force, 24-year old Jr. Middleweight James Kirkland (25-0, 22 KO) of Austin, Texas needed only six rounds to run over a man only recently seen as one of the sports brightest prospects, 24-year old Colombian Joel Julio (34-3, 31 KO). It was Julio’s second straight loss, only one fight after a failed but distance attempt at the WBO’s 154 lb. title.

In the Tyson-esque fashion fans are growing accustomed to seeing, the black trunked southpaw Kirkland, 153 ˝, raced from his corner and fired a straight left to the body. Another straight left the head was blocked but a short, measured lead right hook forced Julio to his left. Off balance, Julio, 154, missed with his right hand and stayed in a defensive posture, circling the ring as Kirkland stalked. Blocking the bulk of Kirkland’s blows through the second minute of the round, an attempted exchange allowed Kirkland room to land his left and right, Julio responding with his own hard right. In the final minute, Julio connected with a pair of lead right uppercuts but suffered a cut over the right eye. [details]

Robert is a quiting motherphucker

And Guerrero didn't because he's a coward...you do not quit under any circumstances until you "physically" can't.

Yodan was getting in his ass and he needed a out.

Guerrero joins De La Hoya, Peter, Quintana, and the list of others who have quit...he will now go on my blacklist

Comment

Ortiz really impressed tonight. Kirkland can take a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        And Guerrero didn't because he's a coward...you do not quit under any circumstances until you "physically" can't.

Yodan was getting in his ass and he needed a out.

Guerrero joins De La Hoya, Peter, Quintana, and the list of others who have quit...he will now go on my blacklist
        You forgot Acelino Frietas! He's not just a quitter, but a cry-baby as well!

Comment

damn for a great card on paper, it really dissapointed lol. I thought MIghty mike would have put up a fight and the guerrero was unfortunate.

Comment

Kirkland has a chin..Ortiz is ready for superstar status..btw this is my first post ever in boxingscene but ive been on it for a year and a half..*applause for himself* thank you

Comment

well yeah it really sucks he quit.. but who knows maybe he's really hurt it and he doesnt show it to the camera..

Comment

WTF!!!! I didn't drink till a half hour untill the fights so I would be able to truly enjot the fights, and what do I get. The ghost pulls a Camacho JR, Mighty Mike does a Manfredo and Julio ends up like Dela Hoya!!! ****, what a waste of a sat. night. Nothing to say bad about the winners they all did their job. Well it could be worse, I could of spent $50 on UFC.

Comment

Buddy Mcgirt fighters always lose!

Comment

Everybody has said, but I haven't had a chance to type it yet... Kirkland is a beast.

Let's hope he works on the defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X