Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum Too Old For Boxing? Top Rank and Golden Boy Rivalry.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GB has said many time they will work with TR but this stubborn old man refuses to work with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
      whenever i see a list of best rivalries, i can't seem to find the most significant one that overshadowed the entire boxing world, the rivalry between TP Promotions and GB Promotions, repercussions which are still felt today. they just hate each others guts.

there was business collaboration between the 2 companies before but bad blood started to accrue after both TP and GB had contract breaches one after another. during the venture, one company accused the other of cheating income (bob arum, the tax attorney that he is, has ways) mayweather had a special part to play, made arum look like a delusional fool in the wake of failed negotiations. lucky for arum, he had HBO back up his claims. that was the last straw for arum who vowed never to deal with GBP and it's affiliates.

i think the blame is on GBP for siding with mayweather that caused a gag order to be imposed on all parties. arum is old school, but he's also street smart and knows GBP has no plans to make peace, or a civil working relationship at the least.

fights like donaire-mares, rios-matthysse, and canelo-martirosyan are forgone conclusions.

your thoughts?
      you can not be serious

Comment

I think Arum does a FANTASTIC JOB...................of putting his Suit on in the morning and then after that, it all goes downhill for the bloodsucking bastard. He isn't even interesting.

I'm not giving a yay or nay to Gary Shaw but Shaw is ALWAYS funny.....great sense of humor and especially at press conferences. He cracks people up. I didn't like him long ago but I do now. But Arum and King have the sense of humor of road kill on a good day.

Comment

He's a greedy old man who has more money than he can spend before he dies and still wont make some big fights incase he loses out on some money. you think at his age he would just want to make the best fights possible but he's too stubborn. Promoters not working with each other turns fans away from the sport as they prevent the big fights from happening. that's what ufc have got right all under 1 promotional banner. Good job I truly love this sport and will be a fan till the day I die

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

whenever i see a list of best rivalries, i can't seem to find the most significant one that overshadowed the entire boxing world, the rivalry between TP Promotions and GB Promotions, repercussions which are still felt today. they just hate each others guts.

there was business collaboration between the 2 companies before but bad blood started to accrue after both TP and GB had contract breaches one after another. during the venture, one company accused the other of cheating income (bob arum, the tax attorney that he is, has ways) mayweather had a special part to play, made arum look like a delusional fool in the wake of failed negotiations. lucky for arum, he had HBO back up his claims. that was the last straw for arum who vowed never to deal with GBP and it's affiliates.

i think the blame is on GBP for siding with mayweather that caused a gag order to be imposed on all parties. arum is old school, but he's also street smart and knows GBP has no plans to make peace, or a civil working relationship at the least.

fights like donaire-mares, rios-matthysse, and canelo-martirosyan are forgone conclusions.

your thoughts?
            I don't know how far back the "feud" stretches but it would be a shame if a fight that never even happened (May-Pac) also denied us fans a series of other potentially great fights.

Comment

Bob Arum has become lazy and spend little money promoting fights. He'd just let fighters promote themselves. Which is probably why he loves to do rematches.

Comment

your thoughts?
                Your comments hardly deserve an answer, but this time I'll let it go. You show a poor standard of"objectivity" by the very prejudiced way in which you show utter ignorance.

Arum was the head of the Federal Tax Department in Kennedy's administration, and, other than the lunatic, paranoid Mayweather, I've seen no accusations from the thosands of boxers he's worked with, that say he cheated them. All the reports I've seen, show that they have been well satisfied and well paid by Top Rank, better than other preomoters.

To get back to Mayweather's accusations, why hasn't he taken Top Rank to court???? There was an official release on this years ago, which quoted Arum as saying that they truly did owe Mayweather money which, by contract they were paying off as payments became due. But they made an error and found that they had substantially overpaid him, so stopped further payments. They are actually legally able to claim back money, but said it was not enough to be worth the bother and expense.

Mayweather still hasn't sued them........

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  Your comments hardly deserve an answer, but this time I'll let it go. You show a poor standard of"objectivity" by the very prejudiced way in which you show utter ignorance.

Arum was the head of the Federal Tax Department in Kennedy's administration, and, other than the lunatic, paranoid Mayweather, I've seen no accusations from the thosands of boxers he's worked with, that say he cheated them. All the reports I've seen, show that they have been well satisfied and well paid by Top Rank, better than other preomoters.

To get back to Mayweather's accusations, why hasn't he taken Top Rank to court???? There was an official release on this years ago, which quoted Arum as saying that they truly did owe Mayweather money which, by contract they were paying off as payments became due. But they made an error and found that they had substantially overpaid him, so stopped further payments. They are actually legally able to claim back money, but said it was not enough to be worth the bother and expense.

Mayweather still hasn't sued them........
                  when GBP sided with mayweather / ellerbe and said no negotiations took place for pacquiao-mayweather, arum was made to look like a fool after press releases quoting arum saying TR were in talks with GBP and mayweather. instead of intervening, GBP compounded the situation by kissing mayweather's ass and shot down arum's claims. dela hoya even went to the extent of saying that mayweather-pacquiao was close to being done, bypassing arum and contradicting GBP initial statement. ergo, the gag order.

i was made to believe arum is a scourge boxing can live without. like many out there, i think arum is too greedy for his own good, but facts show how he was willing to collaborate with GBP before they fucked everything up. arum considers GBP as a waste of time.

this is not biased opinion, just facts.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    GBP and Top Rank are both to blame equally. Arum is a stubborn old man and has no respect for GBP and as we all should know that you really can't work with or for people you don't respect. Arum has no idea what GBP is or isn't willing to do because he hasn't actually sat down at the table with them since 2009. HBO didn't back up Arum's claims they just said they don't know why PBF didn't sign or agree to a contract. Simple answer is it was something in it he didn't agree with. But really it all boils down to respect and Arum doesn't respect them so he says **** them every chance he gets and as a man I can respect that. As a fan of boxing it makes me sick!
                    you said equally but placed the blame on Arum

Comment

Working...
                    X