No announcement yet.

GREATS Who Had Phenomenal REACH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREATS Who Had Phenomenal REACH

Great Fighters Who Had Phenomenal Reach.
    I have always been amazed by shortish fighters who had a reach many inches longer than their height. Thanks to one of our best posters who posted a nice link about Barbados Joe Walcott, a fighter who legendary KO ability. These guys are rare in this sport and are considered to be freaks, and I think that their incredible reach had a lot to do with their power. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I won't name a lot of guys who qualify for this thread but I will name Walcott and Langford to start with,these guy are not the only ones,...... I may give a prize to the clever one who names the most obvious name that I have not Named due to reasons of my own,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It won't need Einstein..... LOL. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I would really like some opinions of those of you who can explain the technical advantages of being a 5 ft 7 in high MW with a 6 ft 2 in reach........... especially those of you who have ring experience.......... New England, I know that you will shine on this thread mate, and you too JAB. ---------------

Monzon
    Lopez
    Segura
    Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Monzon
      Lopez
      Segura
      Hearns
      Can you post their height and reach measurements, obviously Hearns and Monzon had long arms, if they have longer reach than they were tall, that's the main thread of this thread, but not exclusively........ I have Hearns penned down, but I can't remember his statistics.

Comment

just google it

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          just google it
          That's not the point, it's for ease of access, I post stuff like that all the time, and links, and videos and pictures...... This is about sharing information.... Man, you are on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            That's not the point, it's for ease of access, I post stuff like that all the time, and links, and videos and pictures...... This is about sharing information.... Man, you are on the internet.
            I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              Great Fighters Who Had Phenomenal Reach.
              I have always been amazed by shortish fighters who had a reach many inches longer than their height. Thanks to one of our best posters who posted a nice link about Barbados Joe Walcott, a fighter who legendary KO ability. These guys are rare in this sport and are considered to be freaks, and I think that their incredible reach had a lot to do with their power. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I won't name a lot of guys who qualify for this thread but I will name Walcott and Langford to start with,these guy are not the only ones,...... I may give a prize to the clever one who names the most obvious name that I have not Named due to reasons of my own,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It won't need Einstein..... LOL. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I would really like some opinions of those of you who can explain the technical advantages of being a 5 ft 7 in high MW with a 6 ft 2 in reach........... especially those of you who have ring experience.......... New England, I know that you will shine on this thread mate, and you too JAB. ---------------
              Shane Mosley has a 74 inch reach at 5 foot 9, which is pretty impressive.

The longest heavyweight reach recorded was Julius LONG , at 90 inches, but he definitely is not a great.

Primo Carnera's reach was 85.5 inches; again, not a great.

Now Sonny Liston was only 6 foot 1, but had an incredible reach of 84 inches. End thread??
              Last edited by rorymac; 09-29-2011, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post

The longest heavyweight reach recorded was Julius LONG , at 90 inches, but he definitely is not a great.

Now Sonny Liston was only 6 foot 1, but had an incredible reach of 84 inches. End thread??
                I don't want to be a nuisance, but I'm not good with inches, I can only think in figures like 6 ft 7 with 6 ft 2 reach,...... do you know which fighter fits those measurements ???. ----------------- Maths is not my strong point,... I've worked out that 6 ft 2 equals 74 inches, but I like things as easy as possible......... You could be the winner of a prize if you get it.

Comment

Sonny Liston's reach was freakishly long especially for his height.

84" at 6 Ft 1 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post

Hagler was also 5ft9 with a 75 reach.

Comment

Working...
                    X