No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Mikkel Kessler Continue To Trade Words

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Mikkel Kessler Continue To Trade Words

This is the super middleweight fight that will never die. At least not until it gets settled once and for all in the ring.

The problem is that Mikkel Kessler and unified champion Andre Ward disagrees on who's to blame for a return fight not materializing.

Why talk about Ward-Kessler II when there's a big rematch between the Dane and Carl Froch coming up in May? Because the natural fight for the winner of that showdown happens to be Andre Ward. And perhaps for that very reason, Kessler fired an uncharacteristic poisonous pill towards his American conqueror: [Click Here To Read More]

I like Ward as a human and his ability to win is not in doubt.

His performances are like watching paint dry and his greatest wins would easily be compiled into a 30 second youtube clip of Shelby Pudwill and a stick-thin Chad Dawson.

A Kessler, and definitely a Carl Froch fight is massively more entertaining to fans than anything Ward can muster in his current approach.

And I'm no hater.

Put it this way, I want to watch a Froch fight LIVE but am happy to just read the result of a Ward fight.

That's an opinion shared by many - And that clearly shows that his style is not appealing.

Kessler is right, you travel the world to be a 'World' champion.

Ward is the champion of Oakland.

Comment

Is Kessler really going to look past Carl Froch?

Comment

I saw an interview with Ward who was pretty disrespectful towards Kessler which surprised me cuz I didnt relaise there was bad blood there especially because Ward seems so laid back.

I think the controversy surrounding the 1st fight still annoys him and Kesslers equally annoyed about Wward always demanding home advantage.

Comment

like Ward or not, he's the champ.
          Winner of Froch-Kessler 2 should definitely get a rematch though. but that will probably happen.

Comment

Ward is one of my favorite fighters, but they came down to Oakland n fought him there, why cant Ward go out there, after Froch vs Kessler the winner should face Ward in Europe in there hometown, that way a champ is going out there to unify titles

Comment

i agree with kessler 100%

ward hits and holds far to much, im not hating its got him this far but its not pretty.

looking forward to froch kessler II BIG TIME.

war froch war kessler may the hardest kent win

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                Ward is one of my favorite fighters, but they came down to Oakland n fought him there, why cant Ward go out there, after Froch vs Kessler the winner should face Ward in Europe in there hometown, that way a champ is going out there to unify titles
                It'd be interesting.

Ward draws a lot from his home crowd, we saw Lucian Bute collapse in a hostile enviroment, not saying Ward is like Bute, but people are quick to forget, Bute looked imperious right up until the moment he stepped through the ropes in nottingham. Little things, the boos from the crowd, unfamiliar surroundings, referee calling you up on things you aren't used to... it has an effect.

It's a great achievment to win abroad, full respect to Ward if he goes for it

Comment

Ward is a low key guy and doesn't like to talk trash about his opponents. But apparently Kessler being a sore loser is finally starting to get to him.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Ward is a low key guy and doesn't like to talk trash about his opponents. But apparently Kessler being a sore loser is finally starting to get to him.
                    BTW, Kessler didn't ***** and moan when Calzaghe whooped him in wales

But then again, calzaghe didn't hold, headbutt and maul, he beat Kessler at his own game.

Comment

Working...
                    X