Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious qustion: Why is it african-american isn't as ''black'' as african people?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chups View Post
    Only a few % have white in them. It's the environment and the lifestyle. Africa is hot, people work hard.....etc, people are bound to stay black. It's the same as American-Latinos being a little fair skinned than those who are in their native country.
    I heard only about 1% of Pinoys have Spaniard blood in them. Is this true ?

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
      It's really wierd to me. Usually when watching black american fighters like Roy Jones Jr, George Foreman and SRL they're lighter in skin than pure african fighters.. Why is it all African-american fighters doesn't have the dark color of say.. Antonio Tarver? It's a legitimate question i'm just wondering about..
      I'm not sure but most of the slaves brought to America was from the tropical parts of Africa i.e. Ghana and so on. They were very black. I think that todays african-americans are lighter because most women were raped by the whites who owned them so a lot of white blood is in the african-americans today.

Comment

It's because we come in all color's, the spectrum is very broad. Look at Nelson Mandella, he's pure african and he's light skinned. Usually african americans have some white blood somewhere down line and you never know when it's going to show up in your lineage. You can have a couple that are dark african americans and their kid comes out lighter skinned, it happens all the time. Plus in slavery time we did mix with the indians.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
          Do you actually use "African-American" when you talk? Every black person I know never says that and would probably look at me funny if I called them that.
          No I'm just being PC, I'm old school so I say black people. I'm not offended by being called black but when we are having a conversation on a forum about the difference between african's and african americans it just makes more sense considering were both black.

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
            It's really wierd to me. Usually when watching black american fighters like Roy Jones Jr, George Foreman and SRL they're lighter in skin than pure african fighters.. Why is it all African-american fighters doesn't have the dark color of say.. Antonio Tarver? It's a legitimate question i'm just wondering about..

Only 30 percent of the African-American population have white descendents. Furthermore, the skin color or Africans range from brown to dark color.

Comment

Working...
            X