No announcement yet.

Match up idea for Canelo's Sept PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
    Where I was watching the Cotto/Floyd fight there were a lot of females asking about Canelo. This dude if he keeps winning is going to be PPV material.

I don't see Cotto after the Floyd fight that was a huge high paying event along side the praise he is getting taking small fights unless it is a tune up.

Sept. Could easily accomodate a Canelo/Cotto fight that will generate ppv buys.

I just hope they don't go with a Quintana fight. Either Quintana gets blown out or he just puts togeter another upset win since he does so well with pressure fighters
    never even thought about that, but yeah that could be a strong possibility

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      No I get what you're saying, but the fans should be ashamed of themselves for allowing ginger here to become a star while other fighters like Bradley who fights everyone & their momma's can't sell $h!t.
      You have to admit though it's about excitement. Bradley isn't that exciting to be honest with you. He's been in some decent fights but Canelo gives you KO's.

That Alexander fight was straight up terrible to watch.

Comment

[QUOTE=jsfd26;12094119]It's not but if they want Canelo to headline a PPV who else they gonna put him against? Kirkland is the more fan friendly fight as someone pointed out and would probably draw more than Quintana. And remember, one way or another, he beat Angulo and Molina. So leave it to Canelo to 'avenge' the Mexicans. You can look at it that way and that's one way they can hype the fight up. Anyone you put Canelo in there with, he's gonna be the main attraction and draw. Im also willing to bet he would draw some decent freaking numbers too. They are just really hyped up about this guy for whatever reason.

Berto and Ortiz are exciting fighters and they are actually good. Kirkland is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          He kept Mosley in the fight, while Mayweather and Pacquiao took him out completely. Canelo managed to hurt Mosley in like 11th or 12th round and that was it. Come on man, you're agreeing with that dude above that Canelo is ready for some GOOD and LIVE fighters when in reality he really isn't. His D still sucks.
          I don't expect people to agree with me as I already said I am in the minority. Damn right I think he is ready for anyone his weight by what my eyes tell me, not what anyone else said. If you are so sure he is going to lose against good fighters you should bet against him and make some surething money. I'll stick with him until proven wrong. He fights Kirkland next most likely. If you lived near me I would bet you as much money as you wanted on that fight within limits of course.

Comment

jsfd26, you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. I think I made it clear that my high opinion of Canelo was based on what I saw in him, NOT on the quality of his oponents. If I wait until he has already beaten many top guys and then say " Hey he's pretty good.", where is the skill in that? I like to try to pick a fighter as a real good one before everyone else does instead of waiting until everyone thinks he's good and jumping on the bandwagon. I don't think Mosley works for GBP anymore but even if he does I don't think he would lie for them. I know many disagree with me about Canelo and if I worried about that I'd keep my opinion of him to myself. I like sticking up for him. Alot of Mexican fans think Canelo is going to be great and they know boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I don't expect people to agree with me as I already said I am in the minority. Damn right I think he is ready for anyone his weight by what my eyes tell me, not what anyone else said. If you are so sure he is going to lose against good fighters you should bet against him and make some surething money. I'll stick with him until proven wrong. He fights Kirkland next most likely. If you lived near me I would bet you as much money as you wanted on that fight within limits of course.
              Haha why I would pick Canelo over Kirkland as well. Like I said, when I first saw him I liked him A LOT and was really high on him. Still a fan but Im not sure how long that's gonna last if they keep putting him in there with the type of opposition he's been fighting.

Comment

i follow a few people from mexico, some are saying it could be cotto..... would be huge

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                JCC JR has been trying to make the fight but that scumbag Schaefer has been blocking the fight.

60-40 and JR kicks his ass.
                LOL! hilarious! i love this guy!

Comment

Cotto would be good for Canelo, I don´t think Cotto is up to the task anymore for this kind of matches but whatever.

Comment

Working...
                  X